Carnival Sunshine New York to St. Johns June 21st.

Jeffrey1950

I have sailed on The Glory and a couple of times on The Splendor. This will be my first time on The Sunshine. I am just wondering is it the same normal routine as the other ships that was you get on board you go straight to the Lido deck for lunch? How soon afterwards can we get into our cabin's?

While I can't say for sure, based on other cruises...typical to go eat Lido then able to go to rooms sometime about 1-2 pm. Unless you are platinum and above-- then rooms are typical accessible as soon as you board.

If you have FTTF , your room should be ready on boarding also.

We are just off the Sunshine. One of the nice things about it is the varied number of food options. Upon embarkation you can have lunch at the buffet, Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana, the pasta bar, the Mongolian wok as well as Bonzai Sushi. Because so many just assume the buffet is the only option, the other options we found to be far less crowded that first day. Walked right up to Blue Iguana and had my amazing fish tacos in my hand in less than a minute!

We are just off the Sunshine. One of the nice things about it is the varied number of food options. Upon embarkation you can have lunch at the buffet, Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana, the pasta bar, the Mongolian wok as well as Bonzai Sushi. Because so many just assume the buffet is the only option, the other options we found to be far less crowded that first day. Walked right up to Blue Iguana and had my amazing fish tacos in my hand in less than a minute!

We were on the Sunshine in January and May. Thank you for typing in all those lunch food venues so I didn't need to. LOL ... Don't forget the Cuban sandwiches in the Havana Bar area.

Also OP ,,, you can take your breakfast or lunch food from any of the venues and eat at the tables in the Havana Bar area. We did and nearly always had a window seat.

I have sailed on The Glory and a couple of times on The Splendor. This will be my first time on The Sunshine. I am just wondering is it the same normal routine as the other ships that was you get on board you go straight to the Lido deck for lunch? How soon afterwards can we get into our cabin's?

My wife and I are also going on the Sunshine June 21st. We're going back to Carnival after a few Royal Caribbean cruises. One week to go looking forward to a great time!

We were on the Sunshine in January and May. Thank you for typing in all those lunch food venues so I didn't need to. LOL ... Don't forget the Cuban sandwiches in the Havana Bar area.

Also OP ,,, you can take your breakfast or lunch food from any of the venues and eat at the tables in the Havana Bar area. We did and nearly always had a window seat.

Those Cubans were gross! Capitano is the best. Portion at lunch was huge.

I had an issue at breakfast because I'd get eggs cooked in the Havana Bar area but there were no sides there, no bacon, grits, ham etc. Had croissants and danish but no butter on that side. The butter was at the other omelet station. Eggs would be cold by the time I got sides in the lines.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

It is only in the 50's here in Maine today and Canada is much cooler - we haven't had much of a spring and the temperature is pretty slow to warm up - much colder at the coast and even colder at sea - BRING warm clothing!

Actually it is Saint John NB. The Saint is not abbreviated. I know it seems rather silly to everyone, but we Saint Johner's are rather touchy about having it spelled incorrectly.

I whole heartedly apologize for the abbreviation...I wasn't aware....I know we Newfies are sensitive about the 's being dropped or added when it's not us people are talking about....which is why I asked

• 2 weeks later...