VH, deck 4, on Koningsdam. Partially obstructed view.

BACHtravels

Yes, listed as partially obstructed and I wanted mid ship and low, due to motion sickness. I would definitely go 5th or 6th floor if you have the same concern. The cruise is sold out or I would have asked to be moved. Just very disappointed in the view. Or lack thereof.

I think I’m the only person who never notices a difference in motion; high or low. Mid ship, foreword or aft.

We have booked a VH guarantee cabin and kind of hope it isn't the 4100 hundred version, but if it is we got it for a very good price and with OBC's for a TA cruise. I booked it because I just wanted a balcony with for some air and balcony to relax on, the view was not that important, just a plus.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I am currently on Koningsdam and have one regret I want to share. We booked a VH cabin and wound up in 4103. There has been a lot of discussion on how much of the life boats you can see from this deck, in this area. In my opinion, it completely has ruined balcony time and the view. It's impossible to get photos without the obstruction. I would never, ever book this particular stateroom again.

Honestly, I completely disagree with you. I just spent a week in this cabin and thought the view was fine, even exceptional for an obstructed view cabin. I also think your photographs are deceptive. If you are standing up on the balcony or sitting on the bed, the views are stunning. It's almost like you took your pictures while looking through the balcony window! :(

Question about booking g'tee cabins!

In the US can you still book a VH g'tee, VC g'tee etc?

On the UK/Ire website the options now are: Obstructed Verandah; Aft-view Verandah; Verandah and Spa Veranda. Nowhere is the category stated.

Does anyone have any feedback or photos of cabin 4135? Thanks!

We were in 4132 and the view was awful. We were in a Vista suite 5100 for 4 weeks and it was wonderful. We decided to stay on for an additional week and were put in 4132. Never again. Loved the Koningsdam. The TA in April was great.

Last Nov. we were in 4103 on the Koningsdam and loved the ship & cabin. Thought the obstruction was minimal, and enjoyed our time on the balcony.

We tried to book 4103 on the Koningsdam this Dec. but it was not available.