Irons in your suitcase

Just a quick warning to anyone thinking of taking an iron on board with them.

We were on Majesty last week and they were stopping suitcases being delivered to cabins until the owners returned to the terminal and removed the iron.

My daughter had a small travel iron in her case (it was her 1st cruise and didn't know the rules before anyone starts giving me a lecture :)) anyway a note was put under the door asking one of us to return to the terminal, I went over with her and she had to take out the iron, it was labelled and put with what I can only describe as a small mountain of irons, honestly, there must have been a hundred plus irons.

The iron was returned on the last night.

We had a couple of items ironed by the staff, average per item was about 2.50 - 3.00 if I remember.

Be warned, it looked like they have stepped up security.

Tony,not a case of your daughter not knowing the rules.I,m sure there are many who have irons in their cases due to possibly staying a week pre cruise.I know I have.Have taken an iron onboard a few times( never used it may I add)

We had a couple of items ironed by the staff, average per item was about 2.50 - 3.00 if I remember.

Is there not a DIY laundry facility onboard where you can iron using the ship's equipment ?

Irons are banned across the whole of the cruise industry, rightly so.

We have a hand held clothes steamer that we take on cruises. It's not an iron with a flat hot plate. Looks more like a hairdryer that you run up and down your clothes and it pushes out steam to get rid of the creases. We put it in our suitcase and have never once been called back to the Naughty Room

We have a hand held clothes steamer that we take on cruises. It's not an iron with a flat hot plate. Looks more like a hairdryer that you run up and down your clothes and it pushes out steam to get rid of the creases. We put it in our suitcase and have never once been called back to the Naughty Room

i don't think they would be allowed too

'Er indoors has done some ironing on Princess ships using their laundry rooms - not sure if Thomsons has them or not.

We used the ironing room on Princess too, really useful it was as well.

I'm on a cruise and stay in September, i'm sure the travel iron will be required by MrsTony at some stage.

The smoke appears when the appliance is accidently left on and sets the ship on fire, maybe hair straighteners only set the user on fire :confused:;)

ps - if you use the laundry service your shirts will come back steam pressed without creases so no need to order any ironing. They have a laundry special offer as well, this happens the day after I have sent my shirts to the laundry :o

I can only assume that Lindas 'and smokers' refers to those who smoke in their cabins even though it's banned.

I'm a smoker and would never smoke anywhere it's banned. Was very disappointed to find in Jan this year on Dream that you couldn't sunbathe on starboard side deck 10 and were restricted to the tables under the funnel. Which meant we missed all the daytime entertainment as there is none on deck 9 aft The space for smokers is now very restricted and as we can only sunbathe on Deck 10 I take exception to non smokers using the sun beds and then complaining about smoke when we are outside in a breeze for Gods sake. Many smokers on the Transatlantic had to use the tables on deck 10 cos they couldn't get a bed and the same applied to starboard promenade deck

And before all you non-smokers start it didn't keep you out of the pubs before the ban!!

it made me laugh on the recent cruise, irons were being confiscated, smokers are banished to certain areas of the ship....................and then the crew light a big fire and start BBQ on the pool deck.