Hi Flossie,

I'm jumping in here as I have reported on this for Cruise Critic and paid a visit to the Creative Studios in Tampa about a couple weeks ago for a sneak peek of the new offerings.

The big headliner shows are new and pretty exciting. Two of them are exclusive to Explorer: "A Day in Hollywood" and "I Love Being Here with You," a tribute to Peggy Lee.

You'll also see "Burn the Floor," which sister company Norwegian Cruise Line has been doing on its ships. On Regent's ships, this will get a new twist, which Richard Ambrose, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings' vice president of entertainment, said "will blow your socks off." And then there's "Paridis," a burlesque blend of Parisian-style songs, dances and costumes.

Based on what I saw in Florida, the performance level is excellent; they've found really talented singers and dancers, and the score and choreography is fun and beautiful. "Paradis" had a really cheeky feel to it, and "A Day in Hollywood" was flat-out hilarious.

If you haven't seen it, check out [URL="http://www.cruisecritic.com/slideshows/?ID=576"]our slideshow on the entertainment[/URL].

Colleen

That's good news, on 7 "O" cruises I think we saw 3 or 4 shows. Just not so good on "O". Glad to hear Regent may do much better. Not that I like to go to the shows, dinner is more important to us---but it would be nice to want to go from time to time during the cruise.