Confused...

sollan

I'm SO confused... I can't remember where in the online check in procedure you can read the information about how Celebrity handles the card transactions during the cruise ? Is there a button or what is it I haven't seen?

Can't remember that I have been asked to read some "Important information" about this either where I agree to the rules....

Or am I t-o-t-a-l-l-y lost? :eek:

Edited by sollan

I'm SO confused... I can't remember where in the online check in procedure you can read the information about how Celebrity handles the card transactions during the cruise ? Is there a button or what is it I haven't seen?

Can't remember that I have been asked to read some "Important information" about this either where I agree to the rules....

Or am I t-o-t-a-l-l-y lost? :eek:

I don't remember anything specific about credit card transactions either, but since you are from Sweden, there may be a choice regarding what currency your payments are processed?

The credit card handling is outlined on your Xpress Pass when you go to print it out. Here is what my Xpress Pass says as it relates to other countries.

For Non-US Issued MasterCard or Visa Cardholders:

If you use a MasterCard or Visa card issued outside of the U.S. which is billed in the following currencies: AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, HKD, JPY, MXP, NOK, SEK, GBP, we offer a service where the full amount of your charges are converted, at your election, to the currency of your card by our conversion agent, Global Card Services, Inc., using the exchange rate in effect at the time the amounts are charged to your card.

Please select your preferred currency conversion from the options below:

I choose to pay my onboard changes in the currency of my card. I choose to use your currency conversion program.

This currency conversion transaction is based upon wholesale exchange rates collected from Bloomberg plus 3 percent international currency conversion fee. My choice to have charges billed in the currency of my card is final. I accept that the exchange rate used will be the rate in effect at the time the amounts are charged to my card.

I choose to have my credit card issuer convert my onboard charges to the currency of my card in lieu of participating Celebrity Cruises currency conversion program.

If I opt for my charges to be converted by my credit card issuer, or if my card is not billed in one of the billing currencies listed, my charges will be processed in the onboard currency (USD) and the issuer of my card may charge a service fee for currency conversion.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

The reason I ask is that I saw that Celebrity had done reservations ***** my credit card during the cruise. For what I'm told now they might do reservations and that the information regarding that shows when you do the online check in.

And I can't remember ever seeing this...! :confused: The online check in is done on the .com site and if it would be any difference between different cardholders I suppose that the information would be clear? The rest of the information regarding my foreign card is clearly presented.

Are there anyone that have seen this information? Can't find it on .com site either...

The reason I ask is that I saw that Celebrity had done reservations ***** my credit card during the cruise. For what I'm told now they might do reservations and that the information regarding that shows when you do the online check in.

And I can't remember ever seeing this...! :confused: The online check in is done on the .com site and if it would be any difference between different cardholders I suppose that the information would be clear? The rest of the information regarding my foreign card is clearly presented.

Are there anyone that have seen this information? Can't find it on .com site either...

I am assuming that you are referring to the hold that Celebrity puts on your credit card at check-in whilst boarding. This is similar to what hotels will do if you wish to charge expenses to your room.

If I am correct, I cannot recall seeing the details spelt out anywhere but, then, I have never looked for it because I understand and expect that this is what will happen. I am sure that the details have been spelt out on Cruise Critic in the past but I cannot remember the amounts involved.

I think that it is unlikely that the details would be giving when you do the online check-in because they only ask for the last 4 digits of your credit card number. There is no validation at that stage. The transaction takes place at boarding check-in.

If it is important to you because, for example, you have a low credit limit, I am sure that you would be given the details if you asked at check-in on boarding. I do know for experience, the hold is cleared off your credit card quickly. Celebrity clears it when you leave the ship. The actual time it remains on your account then depends on your credit card provider. With our, it is only a matter of days.