Cost of current drinks onboard

cosmo4612

Good day fellow cruises;

Have a question if I may. Going on Island Princess in February and thinking of getting the deluxe drink package.

My question is, does anyone know what the current cost is for;

1- imported beer

2-wine

3- mixed drinks

Thanks in advise

Cosmo 4612

The average price for a fancy mixed drink or a martini is $8.95, for wine by the glass $7.00 to $10.00, and the imported beer I believe is $6.95.

Some of wines or the really fancy drinks are around $13.00, and are not covered by the drinks package. Most cocktails are under $10.00, which means they are included in the drinks package.

You can also have all of the water, juice, soda, coffees etc., that you would like. This includes bottled waters and canned sodas.

Basically, if you have four cocktails, a couple of coffees, and a bottle of water, you will break even on your package. If you drink less than that, you should probably pay as you go.

Edited by partybarbie

Prices look recent in the attachments. It would require estimating how much you would drink and what in deciding which way to go. Princess drink prices are lower than some of the other lines like RCCL. I went with the drink package last time because I had OBC to cover most of it. I liked the ease of use and was able to try many things I wouldn't have otherwise ordered.

If I had to pay full price for the package, the odds are I wouldn't. As my consumption varies per day.

Note - I was not denied any premium drinks with the package. I had quite a few of the $13.00 ones.

Edited by iluvcruzin

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

Post 205 starts the most current onboard pricing and updated spreadsheet. You cab estimate your drink consumption and figure out if a package works for you or not. Alternatively, wait till your onboard and buy after checking some drink menus. Alternatively, gift yourself OBC in however much you want and use it to cover your drinks without any restrictions. Get a refund on any unused portion.

Enjoy your sailing!

When the AIBP was introduced, I predicted that drink prices would increase dramatically. I was right. Most drinks were $5.50-$8. Now, with tip, that $5.50 is over $9 with tip. Good thing I maybe have a drink a day. It sure adds up quickly.