Removed from ship in bali for flicking cigarette o/board

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised at how ACA portrayed the story. Based on the promo I was sure it was going to be another big bad cruiseline bash, with the 'professional' complainer give free reign, but it wasn't to be. The two 'experts' they showed gave the offender no leeway & as others posted the report linked the dangers of discarding a lighted cigarette to the Star Princess.

I am more than happy for a zero tolerance approach re things that endanger peoples lives.

The danger is very real, if there is a fire at home or at work it can be very dangerous but you just have to go outside and wait in safety. When at sea, and there is a fire, there is a multitude of new dangers as well as having to possibly abandon ship.

Smoking causes 16 different types of cancer.

I am going through this unusual health issue atm. Doctors cant work out why - dont smoke, fit, not overweight etc. They keep searching for the answer. I get the feeling that if I smoked then that would have been given as the reason and that would be the end of it. They would stop searching. Its convenient but I dont think it is necessarily the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank goodness for that!

Still, having it in the media like that sends a very strong message to any other smokers who think the rules don't apply to them and that it's OK to flick butts off cruise ships.

It is not OK to throw anything overboard, fullstop.

Smoking causes 16 different types of cancer.

Thats a minimum number plus other complications, recently buried 2 school mates who both died a horrible painfull death thanks to smoking related cancer and just waiting for another to die because of stupid smoking

I have absolutely no sympathy for this bloke that got kicked off the ship.

....The second is that people will do whatever they want with tipping and then they justify their decision so they can live with their conscience whatever that decision is.

Personally I would prefer them included in the fare price but then either way it is paid.

I agree it should be in the price, that way they can't be taken off. Some people are so cheap it's disgusting.