Oasis of the Seas Pre-Trip Report - 2 July 2016

Loving reading your pre-cruise review and smiling the whole time !!! Enjoyed reminiscing about our past strip to Savannah and eating at Mrs. Wilkes' ... YUUUUUMMMMMM YUM !!! Looking forward to the rest of the trip with you guys (and I may even have to check out Periscope)!! :D

This might be considered a drunk post but before I forget. Someone remind me later to explain that Sabor margaritas are not all the same!!! The bar outside does not have the capability to make the same amazing margaritas as the restaurant bar!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This might be considered a drunk post but before I forget. Someone remind me later to explain that Sabor margaritas are not all the same!!! The bar outside does not have the capability to make the same amazing margaritas as the restaurant bar!!!

I read that. They're fresher, right? Can you walk in just to get one or do you have to sit and order food? Oh, btw, how was the cake yesterday? As good as it looked?

So since I am still sitting here o was able to ask your question immediately. Yes - you can walk into the restaurant and order a drink directly from the bar without the need for a dining reservation or buying any food!!! In my opinion this will (or should) change once word gets out and nobody ever goes to the outside bar for a margarita!!!

The cake yesterday was fantastic but hard to think about that right now after my 6th (yes you read that right). Dinner margarita. (There is a story but you have to wait for the post that is way off schedule now). Please don't worry I am still taking great notes and the post will be thorough when complete.

Edit above post - what I meant to say by "should change" is that the outside bar should begin offering the amazing fresh ingredient margaritas the same as the restaurant bar!

Yes I did have the jalapeño cucumber margarita and it was amazing, however, the staple, and my reason for posting half drunk tonight is the perfecto!! Which is OMG good!!

So since I am still sitting here o was able to ask your question immediately. Yes - you can walk into the restaurant and order a drink directly from the bar without the need for a dining reservation or buying any food!!! In my opinion this will (or should) change once word gets out and nobody ever goes to the outside bar for a margarita!!!

The cake yesterday was fantastic but hard to think about that right now after my 6th (yes you read that right). Dinner margarita. (There is a story but you have to wait for the post that is way off schedule now). Please don't worry I am still taking great notes and the post will be thorough when complete.

Thanks for the speedy feedback. One other thing, are the margaritas from inside Sabor within the premium drink package or is there a slight upcharge?

Yes I did have the jalapeño cucumber margarita and it was amazing, however, the staple, and my reason for posting half drunk tonight is the perfecto!! Which is OMG good!!

I COMPLETELY understand. I tried them all until I decided upon the jalapeno margarita with extra jalapeno. And you are quite right about them offering the fresh ingredients outside the restaurant! My husband isn't a Mexican food fan and we only ate there once. :mad:

I have the Ultimate package but for margaritas I believe it is treated the exact same!!! The ultimate only adds juice and coffee. With that said there was NO up charge. All 100% included!

bajadahl- Did you try the jalapeno cucumber margarita? LOVED IT! Great review and periscope. Cheers.

He's doing such a bang up job periscoping his trip that I'm tempted to try it as well in a few weeks. But I have a few obstacles I need to consider.

1) Baja covered everything there is to cover and did it well. Too well. Can't compete with that without destroying any self esteem and confidence I think I may have.

2) I hate the sound of my own voice.

So, yeah, other than that it sounds like fun.

@stacynray - here is my tough love moment! "Get over it!" All the nice people will love anything you do for the community! And the mean people just don't beeping matter!!! I can't help you with enjoying your own voice bit I can promise the nice people will appreciate anything you offer.

Also, my posts and thread will be a distant memory when you cruise and you just might inspire someone else new to the community!!

@stacynray - here is my tough love moment! "Get over it!" All the nice people will love anything you do for the community! And the mean people just don't beeping matter!!! I can't help you with enjoying your own voice bit I can promise the nice people will appreciate anything you offer.

Also, my posts and thread will be a distant memory when you cruise and you just might inspire someone else new to the community!!

Aww shucks, Baja. Thank you for that. Hey, I noticed on your last couple of vids you picked up some people I would classify as the opposite of nice. But I'll never forget you and your posts, unfortunately for you. Royal should seriously put you on the payroll. You're awesome!

Nature of the beast stacynray! There are always going to be a small percentage of what we call "trolls" that aren't really interested in the content. @mpoole3 showed me that it's not personal.... It's just idiots that are hoping to cause trouble. He handled them very well.. Which in turn gave me the confidence to do this. I laugh at some and block the ones "that I see" when they post vulgar junk. I then move on knowing there are a group of people that really appreciate my effort on My Vacation!!!!

stacynray- Isn't it always fun to read/watch someone else's vacation? We would love to hear your trip report live. What else are the rest of us poor folk doing with our days?

It is fun. I just discovered this thing called periscope. It's addicting and strange, much like chocolate covered coffee beans.

But to be a periscoper and not just a periscopee...

Do I have it in me? Am I enough? But the people (2 viewers tops) need me, and I need the people (2 viewers tops, again).

Ok, I think I have the drama down pat.

@staynray - trust me I felt the exact same way!! One of my scopes only had 6 live viewers. I was disappointed because I really want to offer good content to the community. In reality I needed to realize that life goes on. Some people that want to watch have other pressing matters or just aren't interested in that specific content. It human nature to want everyone to like or be interested in what your doing. Reality is that everyone has lives and other things matter to. So don't be upset or disappointed when or if this happens. Please know I will watch every time unless work gets in the way !! Lol.

I for one am looking forward to your scopes.

Hi bajadahl! Thanks for scoping AND posting on CC. Your scopes are some of the better ones I've seen. I saw the infamous scooter in your Sabor scope today. Haha!! Guacamole scopes never disappoint.

Yorkvillain and Lennyinflorida are also scoping and/or posting this week. You should check them out also, just for fun.

It's a great week for us folks on land! :)

Edited by CallieS

Bajadahl , I didn't wake up early enough to see your Port arrival!! I watched later thinking "that man is made of steel" , you're up so early with the ultimate drink package!! [emoji106]Your scopes are great. !!Spammers?? [emoji35]. Just focus on the hearts [emoji170][emoji170][emoji170][emoji170][emoji170][emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Firestation46. ! You made the periscope [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] my name is tinamarie1965. I'm trying to get courage to scope on My oasis cruise in September! I need to keep my notifications on a higher volume Alan! I missed a few. Great job. Enjoying. Glad to see the scooter [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was happy to see the scootergate 2016 too. I just found out how to follow Alan on periscope yesterday, so now I'm finally getting the notifications on my phone. The notifications aren't coming on my computer yet, which I'm regularly working on, and my phone was far away so I didn't hear it. Sorry Alan 😔 But, just by luck, I tuned in and caught his 'guacamole: part deux' vid today. I guess you can't comment from the computer, or if you can, I haven't figured it out quite yet. But I was there!! Partial credit for this girl right here 🙇