Oasis of the Seas Pre-Trip Report - 2 July 2016

Without further ado - Here is the video from the Dragon's Breath Flight line. I have been very busy having fun (and taking notes) Thanks for your patience while I get my review completed. Also - have a ton of pictures but want to weed out the hundreds of lousy shots and get it to a more manageable number.

Enjoy this brief video - The GoPros were strapped to my daughters. (Grandma shot the video on the ground that you will see at the end. If you are looking for me - I'm the maniac flying past everyone at the end. I was the center position so I was release about 5 seconds after the outside lanes on both sides. I am sure there is a funny story there but I want to get back to the Schooner for a few more rounds... so this is it for tonight! Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/173847495

Alan

Great stuff..you got more nerve than me....love following you posts and scopes..like I'm with ya

Thanks so much for taking the time to do these posts and the scoping. I've only been able to watch a few live, sadly I've been working. But I've watched them all. Loved the gaucamole and so glad to see the infamous scooter. Still trying to talk my husband into the drink package. But unfortunately he's done the math, he's an engineer, and he just doesn't see the benefit. But I think it would sure be fun trying to get our moneys worth......

Thanks again!!!!!

Unfortunately - $100 gets you one trip. So 1 trip it was for us.

It takes about 45 minutes of pre-flight stuff so if you do it plan on total time of about an hour.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Love the review - set to cruise RCC on 7/23 and this is very helpful. (and funny!)

I am on that cruise too! This thread is perfectly timed! Even the same ports. I started packing tonight. 2 kids have formal wear packed. Not likely they will wear it in the next 2 weeks.

Yes and I am taking pictures, however, I missed two nights due to other plans. I will talk to Trevor, our waiter to see if I can get pictures of the two I missed.

Also note - they have told me that they are literally modifying them weekly due to customer feedback.. And believe me!!! I have given them a earful of feedback. (Both positive and negative)

Oh, so you are scoping? That's good. At least the ship will be covered. I may try scoping too on the ship, and even before to try it out. You guys can get a view of Indiana. I know, you don't have to say it. Exciting times.

Periscope name the same as on here? Need to add you to the list :)

Yes periscope is @bajadahl you can also search for Alan Dahl if you have any doubts!

Another great night finishing at 1:30am

Goodnight all!

Periscope name the same as on here? Need to add you to the list :)

Good morning Geeocacher! I'm sorry, I just saw this. My periscope name is @Thereal_ssteele. I know it's long, it was created for twitter in 2009. Hopefully I'll periscope before my trip just to test it out. I heard Alan mention today he has an ear piece. Anyone know what kind to use?

Edited by stacynray

I was just using my plain old standard iPhone mic wire. I thought it would make my voice come through a little more clearly. Today I left it in the stateroom so didn't have it for the flow rider session. It sounded like people could hear me just fine without it.

I was just using my plain old standard iPhone mic wire. I thought it would make my voice come through a little more clearly. Today I left it in the stateroom so didn't have it for the flow rider session. It sounded like people could hear me just fine without it.

No problem hearing you, I just wish I had set up notifications. I only caught the tail end of you live in San Juan. I have enjoyed the replays though! I missed what type of cabin you stayed. I am booked for CP balcony, hoping to switch to boardwalk before next June but just have to wait & see!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FYI - if your wondering what happens on a ship on the last night at almost 1am.

Kids making out everywhere!!!!

So I am up ( just finished closing down the Schooner bar for the last time) waiting for my youngest to finish her last game in the teen club. (Yes I checked and she is I there playing the game like many of the kids)

So I decide to walk around because if I sit I will almost certainly fall asleep. Omg tomorrow is going to come too soon.

Anyway I decide to walk to the back of the ship... Unfortunately I stumble on some summer romance. Guess I'll move along

Hmmm - what's happening mid ship? One hottie full of guys. The other - one boy and one girl(I think). They are in full lip lock so it's hard to tell. Ok then. This is awkward.

Hmm - were to go. I know. Wing bridge. Nice and quiet up there.

Up ahead in the distance I see a shimmering light.

Oh wait I just stepped on someone. The wing bridge is apparently make out central. Both wings which are very dark compared to the center area of the wing bridge are covered in teens having that one last hoorah!!

It's actually kind of funny.... Only because it's not my girls!!!! So here I am in the middle of the wing bridge looking at the lights off in the distance and making. All the kids around me.... Very uncomfortable. My work here is done.!!

Parents of teens take note.

FYI - if your wondering what happens on a ship on the last night at almost 1am.

Kids making out everywhere!!!!

So I am up ( just finished closing down the Schooner bar for the last time) waiting for my youngest to finish her last game in the teen club. (Yes I checked and she is I there playing the game like many of the kids)

So I decide to walk around because if I sit I will almost certainly fall asleep. Omg tomorrow is going to come too soon.

Anyway I decide to walk to the back of the ship... Unfortunately I stumble on some summer romance. Guess I'll move along

Hmmm - what's happening mid ship? One hottie full of guys. The other - one boy and one girl(I think). They are in full lip lock so it's hard to tell. Ok then. This is awkward.

Hmm - were to go. I know. Wing bridge. Nice and quiet up there.

Up ahead in the distance I see a shimmering light.

Oh wait I just stepped on someone. The wing bridge is apparently make out central. Both wings which are very dark compared to the center area of the wing bridge are covered in teens having that one last hoorah!!

It's actually kind of funny.... Only because it's not my girls!!!! So here I am in the middle of the wing bridge looking at the lights off in the distance and making. All the kids around me.... Very uncomfortable. My work here is done.!!

Parents of teens take note.

That's funny. It's romantic. Don't you remember those days? Gosh, I know I do. I'm forty but it feels like yesterday. Ironically enough I have this playing

The youth is wasted on the young~

Yes I remember how great it was. But I'm a dad with teen girls so I am VERY conflicted. Lol. That's all I have to say about that!!!

Lol - ok my family is all done and in bed. Looking forward to the next few days of R&R in Florida where I can start to clean up my report and get it posted for you guys.

My daughter is a junior in college so I know what you mean. I even sailed with her on the oasis and was worried many times myself.

Try not to cry too much tomorrow morning, we wouldn't want anyone to slip and fall on their way out. At least you have a couple of days in Florida to look forward to. I always wanted to do that and yet I always get a direct flight back to this paradise I call Indiana. Looking forward to that report, but no rush. Hey, with all your guacamole eating adventures, I ordered myself some tonight but it wasn't the same. Yours on video looked better than mine in real life.

Good job dad!

I missed what type of cabin you stayed. I am booked for CP balcony, hoping to switch to boardwalk before next June but just have to wait & see!

Despite the title of his last scope, he was in a CP balcony too. lol

Good morning Geeocacher! I'm sorry, I just saw this. My periscope name is @Thereal_ssteele. I know it's long, it was created for twitter in 2009. Hopefully I'll periscope before my trip just to test it out. I heard Alan mention today he has an ear piece. Anyone know what kind to use?

Hahaha, I already had you in the list, just didn't realize it was the same person.

Yeah, I just plan to use the mic on my regular earbuds. In many situations the mic on the phone is file, but in louder locations the mic on the earbuds will probably get your voice better.

Edited by Geeocacher