Oasis of the Seas Pre-Trip Report - 2 July 2016

Wow - I really did screw up the title on that last scope.... What can I say? It was an ID 10 T error from a guy that's been burning the candle "thoroughly" at both ends all week.

Another possibility is that I probably shouldn't be scoping after my third drink of the day. The problem with that is there wouldn't be any scopes after about 8:15.......am

Oh well - I guess I should given everyone a refund for that last scope. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey, like they say "don't judge a book by its cover." The content was good, that's all that matters. Trust me, I'd be writing gibberish with all those margaritas (which happens to be my drink of choice also).

Morning coffee on the balcony...🙆 Can't wait!

Stacynray: From your countdown we will be on the Oasis at the same time. Looking forward to it and I am hoping to "scope" also but not sure yet. My husband may be doing it instead. :(

Stacynray: From your countdown we will be on the Oasis at the same time. Looking forward to it and I am hoping to "scope" also but not sure yet. My husband may be doing it instead. :(

This will sound strange, but I've always had a fear of video cameras. I've ducked and dodged them as much as I could my entire life. Cameras too but that's harder to get around. So I won't be on the video, but having even my voice on it freaks me out a bit. But I will. I'm going to see Adele on Monday night and will do my first periscope from there just to see how it works.

But....WE CRUISE IN 19 DAYS!!!!!

Wow - I really did screw up the title on that last scope.... What can I say? It was an ID 10 T error from a guy that's been burning the candle "thoroughly" at both ends all week.

Another possibility is that I probably shouldn't be scoping after my third drink of the day. The problem with that is there wouldn't be any scopes after about 8:15.......am

Oh well - I guess I should given everyone a refund for that last scope. ;-)

I caught 2 scopes live and loved them

Good luck getting settled back into :( reality:eek:

Still alive and kicking here in Margaritaville - Hollywood Florida. I might get some time today to work on the review. It's going to be rather long due to my story style so I will probably ( ok definitely) post each day separately as I finish cleaning them up to make in easier to read.

Have to say I'm kind of disappointed in Margaritaville! I ordered a margarita while sitting at the pool and when the waitress delivered it I handed her my sea pass card. She happily accepted it but then came back and said it didn't scan. $15 dollars buh buh buh but I have the ultimate package.... Oh the pain of having to pay for every drink again.

Ok that didn't happen - I knew better than to try to pay with my sea pass card- but I wanted to!

The pain of having to pay again was real!!

On the docket today:

Jet skis where no one is trying to sell us something in the middle of the ocean.

Still alive and kicking here in Margaritaville - Hollywood Florida. I might get some time today to work on the review. It's going to be rather long due to my story style so I will probably ( ok definitely) post each day separately as I finish cleaning them up to make in easier to read.

Have to say I'm kind of disappointed in Margaritaville! I ordered a margarita while sitting at the pool and when the waitress delivered it I handed her my sea pass card. She happily accepted it but then came back and said it didn't scan. $15 dollars buh buh buh but I have the ultimate package.... Oh the pain of having to pay for every drink again.

Ok that didn't happen - I knew better than to try to pay with my sea pass card- but I wanted to!

On the docket today:

Jet skis where no one is trying to sell us something in the middle of the ocean.

I feel your pain :( I went through the Burger King drive thru and thought " hey wait a minute... I don't have to tip the girl at the window" ha ha

No one to serve us dinner last night. No one has come to neaten up our bedroom :-( Back to reality!!

Ya'll have fun and it was so nice meeting you and your family on the cruise. Please tell everyone "Hello" for me.

Deanne

On the docket today:

yes post cruise depression is real..looking forward to review and pics

yes post cruise depression is real..looking forward to review and pics

Medical science investigated this issue very carefully. Dr. Peabody and his assistant, Sherman, will be awarded a Nobel Prize for his findings on post-cruise depression:

Take another cruise as soon as you can!:D:eek:

Edited by FireStation46

Without further ado - Here is the video from the Dragon's Breath Flight line. I have been very busy having fun (and taking notes) Thanks for your patience while I get my review completed. Also - have a ton of pictures but want to weed out the hundreds of lousy shots and get it to a more manageable number.

Enjoy this brief video - The GoPros were strapped to my daughters. (Grandma shot the video on the ground that you will see at the end. If you are looking for me - I'm the maniac flying past everyone at the end. I was the center position so I was release about 5 seconds after the outside lanes on both sides. I am sure there is a funny story there but I want to get back to the Schooner for a few more rounds... so this is it for tonight! Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/173847495

Alan

That was AWESOME! My DH & DS did it before ....I thought no way could I do it but darn, that looks like fun!

Our family really enjoyed your scoping. Scoping is all new to us. It certainly got us very excited to cruise! Only 2 1/2 weeks left! Thank you for all of the time and work you put into your scoping and your report. Could you please tell me what internet package you bought from Royal Caribbean? I am assuming it was the one with the streaming. Thanks again!

Our family really enjoyed your scoping. Scoping is all new to us. It certainly got us very excited to cruise! Only 2 1/2 weeks left! Thank you for all of the time and work you put into your scoping and your report. Could you please tell me what internet package you bought from Royal Caribbean? I am assuming it was the one with the streaming. Thanks again!

I too am on the cruise with you Chili...hope you signed up for the m&m..our anniversary is 8/2 so we are celebrating too

Hi, I will sign up today for meet and mingle. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! What year anniversary are you celebrating? We are traveling with ours kids (25 and 23)! They still want to travel with us. Diane:)

Hi, I will sign up today for meet and mingle. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! What year anniversary are you celebrating? We are traveling with ours kids (25 and 23)! They still want to travel with us. Diane:)

great that you signed up..come on over to our cruise thread too....we are celebrating our 19th anniversary...which one is yours?