Oasis of the Seas Pre-Trip Report - 2 July 2016

Firestation46. ! You made the periscope [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] my name is tinamarie1965. I'm trying to get courage to scope on My oasis cruise in September! I need to keep my notifications on a higher volume Alan! I missed a few. Great job. Enjoying. Glad to see the scooter [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome. Thanks too! I will add you. I have time, i had a big issue they put me on 30 day LOA. I should be fine after all the fussin' the doctors are doing. Time to hang up the uniform and look past not humping hose. Goning to be an adjustment for sure!

I felt like I was writing at the beginning. I have 2 teenage daughters and I hear the same thing

"No Internet for a week! What about my Snapchat streak!" I say "who cares you are on vacation." Then I get the rolling of the eyes and the sigh!

Oh well I am on vacation and I don't want any drama from back home (I am a preschool teacher who deals with 100 parents and if their child got in trouble I will either read about it on Facebook or get a nice email).

I am glad your parents made it! I would have been stressed!! Hopefully the rest of your vacation will be great.

I hope you liked Savannah. I haven't been there in a long time (I tend to favor Charleston, SC more since it is only 2 hours from where I live).

@Sadet001. - lol man of steal. Yeah something like that. Lol. I think just crazy is more appropriate. Here I am - one of the last few people in the solarium tonight and I was first this morning at 5 am. You will see pictures later of a completely empty ship. When you do remember today. All those pictures were shot from about 5:30 - 6:30am this morning. I am still up waiting for my youngest to finish her night in the teen club. I can't go to bed until I know she is secure I her room. It's a tough thing learning to give kids the space to spread their wings but being close enough to catch them or at least soften the crash landings from time to time. So I won't be going to bed until she's done--- hopefully sometime before the 1am teen curfew. She just finished the private teen flow rider event. I got a little video but apparently it's uncool for dads to watch during the teen only time. So I am back in the solarium. Going to be another early morning. Dad and I are doing the rain forest excursion. He really wanted to do it so I agreed to go with him and we just booked it after dinner tonight. Meetup for that excursion is 7am.... I think I need another margarita.

Short night and long day ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

@firestation46 - hope you are 100% again real soon.

And thank you to all who are keeping this thread alive while I enjoy my vacation. I've taken over 1000 pics (some of them are junk though). so far and have been updating my report Dailey. I haven't posted it because I only have rough notes that I need to cleanup and add my "bajadahl" logic to but I promise if you've enjoyed the early stuff the new stuff should be good as well.

Good night - I need to go find another margarita.

Stacynray. What ship ?

I'm sailing the Oasis on 7/30. I don't know if the Internet is safe in the hands of a person with a lack of a filter 80% of the time

What cabin are you in when you sail in September?

Edited by stacynray

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] stacynray!! Im with ya girl on the filtering. I'm in room 7154. The superior balcony ocean view . I am a new cruiser, I

Wish I was on the starboard side but only 14th floor was available with the nursery and kids activities on that deck.

4 grandchildren in 3 years[emoji848]

(I love them all!!). But, my first thought when looking at that location was..

"Shoot me now "

What room are you in?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] stacynray!! Im with ya girl on the filtering. I'm in room 7154. The superior balcony ocean view . I am a new cruiser, I

Wish I was on the starboard side but only 14th floor was available with the nursery and kids activities on that deck.

4 grandchildren in 3 years[emoji848]

(I love them all!!). But, my first thought when looking at that location was..

"Shoot me now "

What room are you in?

I'm in a ocean balcony cabin 12282, on the port side. I googled it, but what is the draw of starboard vs port? I'm sailing with my mom, sister and her family, and a friend of the family, and they're all in a crown loft suite. Horrible way to sail, isn't it?

I'll be sailing on April 1st of next year and I'm still debating between the Harmony or the Oasis. It will be a thousand dollars difference, and I just don't know if there's a big enough difference between the two ships to justify that.

Finally going to bed :-) 2am and I have to be off the ship at 7am. Long day tomorrow

Thanks fir the thoughts all,

Enjoy PR and the forest. Let us know if the Margaritas on land taste different :eek::D

you are doing a great job....I will be reporting on our cruise, on 7/30..I have done reviews before...but never scoped...staceynray you should scope if you feel inclined....we are on the same cruise...always good to get various perspectives...I support you scoping

I'm in a ocean balcony cabin 12282, on the port side. I googled it, but what is the draw of starboard vs port? I'm sailing with my mom, sister and her family, and a friend of the family, and they're all in a crown loft suite. Horrible way to sail, isn't it?

I'll be sailing on April 1st of next year and I'm still debating between the Harmony or the Oasis. It will be a thousand dollars difference, and I just don't know if there's a big enough difference between the two ships to justify that.

Stacynray it's my understanding that you see the ports more on the starboard. I read in cc that to remember the difference of "port" vs "starboard "is its on the "left" of the ship and has the Same amount of letters as "port".

Any chance you will scope the pool deck & flow rider area. I am new to Periscope but am thoroughly enjoying a new way to research the ship ahead of time! Thanks, keep up the great work.

you are doing a great job....I will be reporting on our cruise, on 7/30..I have done reviews before...but never scoped...staceynray you should scope if you feel inclined....we are on the same cruise...always good to get various perspectives...I support you scoping

Oh, so you are scoping? That's good. At least the ship will be covered. I may try scoping too on the ship, and even before to try it out. You guys can get a view of Indiana. I know, you don't have to say it. Exciting times.

I, too, am sailing on the Oasis on July 30th and couldn't be more excited. I enjoy your writing and story very much! I am going to download periscope on my phone and I hope it is not too late to see your videos. Thank you for sharing and taking time out of your day!

Oh, so you are scoping? That's good. At least the ship will be covered. I may try scoping too on the ship, and even before to try it out. You guys can get a view of Indiana. I know, you don't have to say it. Exciting times.

No I will not be scoping but I will do a daily blog

Edited by sisocialworker

Any chance you will scope the pool deck & flow rider area. I am new to Periscope but am thoroughly enjoying a new way to research the ship ahead of time! Thanks, keep up the great work.

I will try to remember to scope up there tomorrow!

Without further ado - Here is the video from the Dragon's Breath Flight line. I have been very busy having fun (and taking notes) Thanks for your patience while I get my review completed. Also - have a ton of pictures but want to weed out the hundreds of lousy shots and get it to a more manageable number.

Enjoy this brief video - The GoPros were strapped to my daughters. (Grandma shot the video on the ground that you will see at the end. If you are looking for me - I'm the maniac flying past everyone at the end. I was the center position so I was release about 5 seconds after the outside lanes on both sides. I am sure there is a funny story there but I want to get back to the Schooner for a few more rounds... so this is it for tonight! Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/173847495

Alan

Without further ado - Here is the video from the Dragon's Breath Flight line. I have been very busy having fun (and taking notes) Thanks for your patience while I get my review completed. Also - have a ton of pictures but want to weed out the hundreds of lousy shots and get it to a more manageable number

https://vimeo.com/173847495

Alan

Awesome video, Alan. I can't wait for more but glad you're enjoying your vacation. Like others have stated, CC can wait. You're making memories and that's what's important!