Ships that have toddler splash zone

I just want to add that I like that OP was successful at asking this question and getting actual answers. I tried to ask a similar question on a Princess board last year and the responses were so terrible the post got removed! Babies and toddlers need a place to chill and have fun too and the fact that RCCL offers them this is a huge bonus. It's one of the main reasons we're making the switch. We will be sailing on the Allure in March with our almost 2 year old who is just starting training and what will be a 6 or 7 month old by that time. Swim diapers all the way!

I also have to say i totally agree with :

I was just thinking of how many drunk, lazy guests fail to get out the pool to use the bathroom. I wish the UV light would go off in the adult pool!

How many times have you been to a pool resort with a swim up bar and no one ever gets out of the pool? Hmm makes me wonder.

In case others want to know about Empress, we were just on it and the small children's pool (10 inches deep) had a sign that said no diapers or swim diapers allowed. Child must be potty trained to be in even the children's pool. Just an FYI!!

Thanks, Bob! I am becoming a little disenchanted with DCL and want to seriously consider returning to RCCL this fall... but the splash pad is my hang-up. The photos of the Splashaway Bay kid splash area on HOTS look awesome.... but they look like the H2O zones on other ships that kids in swim diapers are NOT allowed in. I can't find a single photo of any actual swim-diaper-approved area on HOTS (l;ke the one that someone was able to post from Majesty). This is a sticking point on booking for us, so I just want to be sure there is some area for my 2 y.o. before booking.

I was just on the Disney Dream, and their swim diaper approved area is really large in comparison to RCL. The baby pool on RCL was located right next to the H2O splash zone, so my swim-diaper-wearing toddler kept throwing a fit because he wanted to play in the big area with all the kids running around. I like everything on RCL for the adults, but DCL does know how to do things right for kids - including the layout of their splash zone area.

I just want to add that I like that OP was successful at asking this question and getting actual answers. I tried to ask a similar question on a Princess board last year and the responses were so terrible the post got removed! Babies and toddlers need a place to chill and have fun too and the fact that RCCL offers them this is a huge bonus. It's one of the main reasons we're making the switch. We will be sailing on the Allure in March with our almost 2 year old who is just starting training and what will be a 6 or 7 month old by that time. Swim diapers all the way!

I also have to say i totally agree with :

How many times have you been to a pool resort with a swim up bar and no one ever gets out of the pool? Hmm makes me wonder.

There is a ton of pee in swimming pools (saw some gross news segments on the subject). However, the rules have nothing to do with pee - those adults aren't pooping themselves!

• 5 years later...