Ships that have toddler splash zone

Hi All - considering taking a non (fully) potty trained 2 1/4 year old on a cruise. Which ships have some type of splash zone that she can use when wearing a swim diaper. I KNOW SHE CANNOT USE ANY REGULAR POOLS.

I called RCCL and they could not tell me. in fact - they were clueless! While I've sailed many ships, I've never bother to look at any splash area restrictions.

Thanks M

My experience on Freedom last year was that children in swim diapers were only allowed in the baby splash pool which was a very small pool with 2 or 3 inches of water. Swim diapers were not allowed in the H20 splash area or in any other pools.

Here's from RCCL website

Due to public health regulations, children in diapers, swim diapers, pull-ups or who are not COMPLETELY toilet trained are not allowed in the pools, whirlpools or H2O zone. Children in diapers or who are not toilet trained may use the Baby Splash Zone specially designated for them on the Freedom of the Seas®, Liberty of the Seas®, Independence of the Seas®, Oasis of the Seas®, and Allure of the Seas®.

Edited by banderboo

I believe that the baby splash pools are on all the Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum class ships.

Thanks. This is what I thought. I was hoping they were on some older ships also. I was disappointed that RCCL could not tell me this information. The agent kept reading the royal tot info to me.

Thanks again

M

My experience on Freedom last year was that children in swim diapers were only allowed in the baby splash pool which was a very small pool with 2 or 3 inches of water. Swim diapers were not allowed in the H20 splash area or in any other pools.

Here's from RCCL website

Due to public health regulations, children in diapers, swim diapers, pull-ups or who are not COMPLETELY toilet trained are not allowed in the pools, whirlpools or H2O zone. Children in diapers or who are not toilet trained may use the Baby Splash Zone specially designated for them on the Freedom of the Seas®, Liberty of the Seas®, Independence of the Seas®, Oasis of the Seas®, and Allure of the Seas®.

Thanks. I looked on the site and could not find this info. The agent was clueless!

M

We sailed on Independence in April and they had the small baby pool where kids could wear swim diapers. I will say, that it is right next to the huge H2O zone that looks awesome, and my just-turned-three year old son kept crying because he wanted to play in the main area instead of being confined to the little baby pool. Although he is in training for the potty, he was not 100% yet, and I didn't want to chance that he would contaminate the entire kid area.

Bring a small, blow up tub...it only takes a couple ice buckets worth of water for splashing, if you're on a ship that doesn't have a baby splash area. The RCI agents on the phone have NO CLUE about anything out of the ordinary...they know nothing about any changes, or enhancements....they are totally clueless, unless it's in the brochure.

Edited by cb at sea

I know all freedom and oasis class have them- we've used our fair share : ) i agree 2 1/4 will be a tough age because they will see the splash pad next to it and want to go in there : ) fyi oasis class also have an AWESOME toddler play area inside as well : )

Thanks. This is what I thought. I was hoping they were on some older ships also. I was disappointed that RCCL could not tell me this information. The agent kept reading the royal tot info to me.

Thanks again

M

Marci, there is a swim diaper splash area on Majesty now too.

Best to engage the grandparents to do some babysitting at this age!

No where in the OP's post does she mention grandparents traveling with them on her future cruise?? Don't assume people traveling with kids want a babysitter. Besides she's asking about the pool area for her kiddo, not getting time without her kiddo.

OP, the tot splash zone looks great from the reviews and pics I've seen here on CC and elsewhere and I'm sure your kiddo will have fun. I will have my 2.5 year old with me on Liberty in November and she's in the early stages of potty training so depending on how much progress she makes until then, we will have to have swim diapers on her as well and only allowed in the toddler /young children splash pad area.

• 8 months later...
Marci, there is a swim diaper splash area on Majesty now too.

Hi Bob,

Are you sure the splashaway bay toddler section allows children in swim diapers? Just double checking before I book my cruise w/ hubby and my 1.5 year old (still in swim diapers). RCCL is clueless when you call them, and they won't give me an answer. I have't found anyone say they've used the splashaway bay toddler area with a child in swim diaper. Thanks!! :)

Hi Bob,

Are you sure the splashaway bay toddler section allows children in swim diapers? Just double checking before I book my cruise w/ hubby and my 1.5 year old (still in swim diapers). RCCL is clueless when you call them, and they won't give me an answer. I have't found anyone say they've used the splashaway bay toddler area with a child in swim diaper. Thanks!! :)

A very small area allows swim diapers to be worn. If you have toddlers and kids without swim diapers, the splash area they can use is larger. Here's my daughter at 2.5 years old, she was going through potty training when we were on Liberty and we had her use the bathroom before going down to the pool. We also made sure she had her morning bowel movement before pool time too, just to be safe.

0e268e8ef86cf1a282e192f681bf700d.jpg

Hi Bob,

That's what the Hotel Director told us last June. In fact, there was some sort of UV light that was needed for sanitation, and it stopped working, so he had to close that area.

Anthem has the baby splash zone and also an inside playroom for toddlers with toys, ride on vehicles, slide etc... The floor is padded and there is a toddler size sink in there. The inside playroom had pretty extended hours so it is a great place to go when nothing else is going on or your child needs to expend some energy.

I have found my answer! I am posting a link and answer here in case it can help a future family. I wanted to receive confirmation that the newly revitalized Majesty of the Seas allowed swim diapers in the "baby splash zone" of Splashaway Bay. When calling RCCL they were unaware of ANYTHING reguarding splasahway bay or baby splash zones. So I came to my google stalking skills and cruise critic for my answer. Here is a link on cruise critic where a picture of baby splash zone rules can be found. The picture clearly states this toddler section of splashaway bay on Majesty of the Seas is for toddlers in swim diapers.

Here is the link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/s...pool--v141961/

That's what the Hotel Director told us last June. In fact, there was some sort of UV light that was needed for sanitation, and it stopped working, so he had to close that area.

I was just thinking of how many drunk, lazy guests fail to get out the pool to use the bathroom. I wish the UV light would go off in the adult pool!

• 2 months later...
Can anyone confirm that the splash area on Harmony of the Seas is also swim-diaper friendly?

Not sure what you mean by splash area, but there is an area on Harmony for swim diapers.

Not sure what you mean by splash area, but there is an area on Harmony for swim diapers.

Thanks, Bob! I am becoming a little disenchanted with DCL and want to seriously consider returning to RCCL this fall... but the splash pad is my hang-up. The photos of the Splashaway Bay kid splash area on HOTS look awesome.... but they look like the H2O zones on other ships that kids in swim diapers are NOT allowed in. I can't find a single photo of any actual swim-diaper-approved area on HOTS (l;ke the one that someone was able to post from Majesty). This is a sticking point on booking for us, so I just want to be sure there is some area for my 2 y.o. before booking.

Best to engage the grandparents to do some babysitting at this age!

Ignore this. We've taken our 15 month old on 6 vacations, including Disney, Hawaii, cruise and hiking everyday in national parks. The cruise was the easiest by far, but I've loved having her with us on all of them.

The cruise was awesome on Liberty. I believe all the ships with a nursery also have a toddler splash pad. Although small, all the toddlers and infants seemed to really like it on Liberty (note, Liberty's was updated at the last drydock). My DD was 7mo on the cruise, but thee were plenty of 2-3 year olds in the area having fun.

DCL also has bigger areas.

Edited by OSUZorba