Rotterdam lanais

Obstructed views on the Rotterdam's Lower Promenade are from the superstructure across the promenade. Lanai cabins were not installed in those areas; the outside cabins are there. Lanai cabins were placed in prime viewing territory.

I would highly recommend that you NOT book a cabin between the mid-ship and aft elevator banks. The galley is directly above, and that is a busy work area in the middle of the night. Sleeping can be difficult in those cabins.

On a Panama Canal cruise, the "better" side of the ship can't be determined in advance, since you won't know which side of the canal the ship will go through until you get there. Besides, you will want to be in many different places during the passage, so you can see from many perspectives. Low on Lower Promenade, high on Lido or Sky Decks, along the sides, front (on the bow), stern---all will give different views.

***** the port side we noticed some serious vibrations as well in the section Ruth has mentioned. Avoid the 337x range if you don't like vibrations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback ! Reserving next week , DH and I have not been able to enjoy a trip for a few years, so very much looking forward to this . We normally cruise in a Neptune suite, since DBIL , is a fellow cruiser, but he is recovering from Cancer treatment , and doesn't feel quite up to this. We have friends who cruised the Baltic in a Lanai,,so we always wanted to try it, this is the perfect opportunity .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We seem to have waited too long , to make this reservation . We did qualify for the Anniversary sale, and it was added to the Expedia promo. We are reserved in lanai 3366, are on a wait list for fixed early dining, but I was able to purchase a clamshell for the day at HMC.

We have found on Panama cruises that the newbies don't seen to know about the bow as a really good place to watch the transit and, as a result, plug up the lower prom. If you're lucky, you will get an experienced bunch of cruisers who will leave the lower prom, you and your lanai alone, not only for the transit, but for the cruise as a whole.

3366 looks good! Very convenient!

Hope you will have the best time!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Thanks for the encouragement ! I cruised along the Yangtze last fall, and when we travelled through the locks, we missed the experience, due to my travelling companion being under the weather. We do pan to travel around the ship during the canal portion. But do hope,that we will have a prime location.