Carnival Legend in July

sharkaymon

You can see by my countdown clock that the time for out cruise is getting close. I'm starting to pack now and I have gloves, rain jacket and sweaters. Should I pack my Columbia double jacket - inner jacket of heavy fleece unzips from outer hooded windbreaker. I know early in the season it can be cold but I'm not sure about mid-summer. We have a whale watching excursion and the Tracy Arm excursion scheduled.

I packed thermal tops to wear underneath a hooded sweatshirt and I was comfortable. I doubt you'll need a heavy jacket. I also packed sweat pants for when I walked on the sun deck. It didn't rain and we went in May (3 weeks or so ago). The weather was beautiful, we got lucky.

We did the cruise two weeks earlier when we did our five years ago. We had our Columbia 3-in-1 jackets on for the Tracy Arm Fjord excursion, along with winter hats, gloves, rain pants on top of jeans and waterproof hiking boots. We were comfortable. There were people with light jackets or hoodies on that were miserable and spent much of the trip huddled inside the boat. Who knows what the weather will be this time, though.

I am on the week before you and according to AccuWeather we are looking at lows around 50 and highs mid 60's with clouds and some rain. Rain jacket and a couple of layers is what I am planning on

Also on my phone I have already added all of my ports to AccuWeather app so I can check it just before we leave and while we are in US ports

We did the cruise two weeks earlier when we did our five years ago. We had our Columbia 3-in-1 jackets on for the Tracy Arm Fjord excursion, along with winter hats, gloves, rain pants on top of jeans and waterproof hiking boots. We were comfortable. There were people with light jackets or hoodies on that were miserable and spent much of the trip huddled inside the boat. Who knows what the weather will be this time, though.

Now that's a suitcase full of stuff. I layered with light weight windbreaker pullover and pants over sweatpants and jacket. It's rough coming from hot July from Florida to that, but it worked.

We just got back yesterday....

for Tracy Arm excursion, we needed coats and hats when we got up close to the glacier as the wind coming off of it was freezing. It was sunny and gorgeous, we highly recommend that excursion.

We had great weather all week, but we did need jackets. Layers are great, long sleeve shirts and jackets would be fine most of the time. Ketchikan was overcast, then it was sunny and warm, then it was cloudy and windy. As I said, take layers for each day.

We saw people wearing shorts and sandals with no socks walking around, but honestly they were not doing the excursions, they were just shopping and getting back on the boat from what we saw.