Carnival Magic Cove or spa balcony deck 11?

gotscrapz

I am already booked in a cove balcony - and have been excited about that.

But am now considering a spa balcony - closer to the spa and to dd 13's activities.

I know I don't want deck 12 because there isn't any cover on the balcony or so I have heard. Deck 11 a little cover?

If you have had both - what do you think?

(money wise its the same if I buy a pass or book the new room)

I definitely prefer a cove to a higher up balcony, as long as the cove is not under the galley. Ours wasn't; it was under the dining room, which was perfect. Not everyone likes coves, but it does seem that a large majority of people do love them. It was great being so close to the water, and I like being able to see the water (and not a public deck) when I look straight down, which can only be done from coves on this ship. So for the room, I would prefer the cove. But the Cloud 9 Spa facilities are still very nice.

You could keep the cove & purchase access to the Spa, but your room would be a long ways away from the spa. My parents did this on their last cruise (deck 2 room, purchased spa access). They didn't mind the trek, and it saved them a ton of money over upgrading to a spa room. Sometimes, it is cheaper to upgrade to a spa room, compared to purchasing the access onboard.

One other thing of note with those spa rooms (I have had a spa room on Magic): there is more ship movement & creaking that takes place in rooms way up there. At least, there was with our room. If you do opt to upgrade to a spa room, go with deck 11. Deck 12 balconies are not covered, deck 11's are.

We have sailed in Spa Cabins on both decks 11 and 12. We love to sun on our balcony, so Deck 12 was fine for us. Either deck is super convenient to the Lido, Sports area, etc.

We would not go for the Cove because the wait for the elevators would drive us nuts. They are so far from anything. I would rather be able to just run down a couple flights of stairs to the Lido or go up to Serenity.

We have sailed in Spa Cabins on both decks 11 and 12. We love to sun on our balcony, so Deck 12 was fine for us. Either deck is super convenient to the Lido, Sports area, etc.

We would not go for the Cove because the wait for the elevators would drive us nuts. They are so far from anything. I would rather be able to just run down a couple flights of stairs to the Lido or go up to Serenity.

I never found the wait for the elevators that horrible and have had cabins on deck 2 a lot of times. When I needed an elevator was not a rush time. It was also handy when getting off and on the ship in port. Quick up or down a couple flight of stairs.

It drove me nuts waiting for an elevator when getting off or on at a port and had a cabin up higher. Also it was almost impossible to get an elevator up to the spa deck on one of our cruises when disembarking. Every time one showed up it was already full. We got on the phone and kept complaining until they finally put a crew member on one of the elevators and sent it up to that deck without letting people on at the other decks. The elevator lobby on spa deck was packed with people and we got 1 elevator one time. We finally walked down the stairs and we had our luggage with us.

Also waiting for an elevator when coming or going to the restaurant or a show in the theater. That is a time when a lot of people are trying to use the elevators at the same time.

So there are good and bad points of every location. No one spot is perfect for everyone. Higher decks convenient to the Lido and Spa. Cove balconies are convenient to the dining room, theater, most of the clubs, getting on or off at the ports. So I wouldn't say Coves are not close to anything.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on the Magic and were in cabin 11218. Spa Balcony Deck 11, absolutely loved it! The location was great and the room steward fabulous. Very little motion if at all felt and a very quiet location. Loved the spa ammenities. We have already booked this same cabin on the Magic for another cruise in April.

On our last cruise, on the Breeze, we had a balcony on 6 and my parents had a spa balcony on 11. When we booked the Magic for next April, i wanted a cove and my gf wanted a spa balcony...... i'll see you on 11 :rolleyes:

Just booked a spa on deck 11 on Magic. The green paint color is a bit nauseating!

What samples are included? I'm planning to get off the ship in only one port and will spend time in the spa.

Edited by crusinpsychRN