Vision of the Seas

I have just booked the sailing from Venice on 30th July 2016. Previous cruises with RCI have all been on the Voyager class of ship and our last RCI cruise was in 2012.

I have been perusing these boards to get information on the Vision, but most topics seem to be about the big new ships. I have joined the roll call but it is very quiet.

Just looking to hear from those who have recently sailed on her. How is the food and where can you get a late night snack?

Also confused by the drink packages. Is there no standard charge for them and it varies by ship? My cruise isn't in my planner yet as I booked through a TA and waiting for my booking number.

Any information on the Vision would be much appreciated.

We got off Vision in the end of May, nice ship, just smaller than most others these days. Captain Marek was funny, entertaining and a great singer (just look out for the Rocking With the Officers evening in the Centrum).

Staff were fantastic, entertainment not so (singers in the centrum especially, ooft!) but we did really enjoy Freddie on the piano in the Schooner bar. And the Schooner bar staff were always great for banter.

Windjammer closes at 10pm (oh I missed Celebrity's Oceanview Cafe) but Park Cafe in the solarium has some late night snacks till 1am if I remember right. Mostly burgers, hot dog, soup and cookies. No choice for veggies though as no veggie burgers/sausages. Ended up taking few pieces of fruit and bread from the Windjammer to our cabin on some days.

Reports from MDR from our sailing was that the set dining service was better and MyTime (as we did) was rushed and bit off at times. Food was ok, I did actually enjoy the Windjammer meals better than MDR but my friend was happy with her choices on most nights.

Drinks packages were on offer in the cruise personaliser before our sailing, maybe you will be offered one too. Onboard there were a few promotions: 10 drinks for around 90USD, bottled beers in a cooler deal and a daily cocktail offer.

Enjoy your time on Vision...we sure did :)

We sail on her in September and I have just looked in my planner and the Select drinks package is £21.39, the Premium £26.92 and the Ultimate £32.43

that's with the 20% off offer that's on, that's a lot less than what we paid a few months ago:eek:

Thanks for all your quick replies. My husband will be pleased to know that he can get a late night snack!

We are down for late dining at the moment and wait listed for my time but might just stick with late.

That seems a good price for the drinks packages. Hopefully we will get that price once it comes up on our cruise planner. Usually book direct with RCI but the TA was offering a great deal on the flights. Now I am impatiently waiting for it to come up on my planner.

Have never done a guarantee cabin before either so a little apprehensive about which cabin we will be allocated

I have just booked the sailing from Venice on 30th July 2016. Previous cruises with RCI have all been on the Voyager class of ship and our last RCI cruise was in 2012.

I have been perusing these boards to get information on the Vision, but most topics seem to be about the big new ships. I have joined the roll call but it is very quiet.

Just looking to hear from those who have recently sailed on her. How is the food and where can you get a late night snack?

Also confused by the drink packages. Is there no standard charge for them and it varies by ship? My cruise isn't in my planner yet as I booked through a TA and waiting for my booking number.

Any information on the Vision would be much appreciated.

We were on the Vision last week of May and again last week disembarking 3 days ago. We thoroughly enjoyed our two cruises, the ship is in great shape. Food and service were excellent. We had the select package drinks package as a special promotion added to the cruise a few months ago, it was free, so cannot comment on current pricing. Captain Marek was the Captain on the first cruise and he was extremely entertaining, singing at the Top Tier party and in the Centrum, I don't think he will be on for your sailing though as I believe he is off for 10 weeks, Captain Diego is on now and he is extremely nice too. Would not hesitate for a second to sail on the Vision again.

Have never done a guarantee cabin before either so a little apprehensive about which cabin we will be allocated

Have you logged in to your cruise personaliser? We booked a guarantee cabin on Splendour in November and our cabin was allocated pretty much instantly - I'm pretty sure our cabin number was shown online in less than a week (few months before sailing)

Our luggage labels weren't fully completed though (no aft/fwd & port &starboard mark) so that caused a slight delay in port - presuming they left the option of moving us till the day of sailing. We never were moved or upgraded though - no paid upgrades were available either.

Have you logged in to your cruise personaliser? We booked a guarantee cabin on Splendour in November and our cabin was allocated pretty much instantly - I'm pretty sure our cabin number was shown online in less than a week (few months before sailing)

Our luggage labels weren't fully completed though (no aft/fwd & port &starboard mark) so that caused a slight delay in port - presuming they left the option of moving us till the day of sailing. We never were moved or upgraded though - no paid upgrades were available either.

We just received our booking number from the TA so have been able to log in to the cruise planner. Our cabin has been allocated and we are happy that it is on the right side for the sail away from Venice!

It is above the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge so hopefully not too noisy.

We sail on her in September and I have just looked in my planner and the Select drinks package is £21.39, the Premium £26.92 and the Ultimate £32.43

that's with the 20% off offer that's on, that's a lot less than what we paid a few months ago:eek:

We have just been able to log in to our cruise planner and that's the price quoted. Have booked the Premium package. Thought we better book quickly before the price rises as a result of the falling pound due to Brexit!

We just received our booking number from the TA so have been able to log in to the cruise planner. Our cabin has been allocated and we are happy that it is on the right side for the sail away from Venice!

It is above the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge so hopefully not too noisy.

What's your cabin#? If you're on the right side (starboard) of the ship you will not be looking at St Marks square nor what you really want to see when leaving Venice. Maybe you mean it's on the "correct" side to see Venice... meaning the left (port) side?

We just did the eastern Mediterranean out of Venice on June 4th. Had a great time but. As per our last couple of a RCCL cruises, the main dining room leaves a lot to be desired. Rushed, noisy and mediocre food. However the specialty restaurants were fabulous. We went to a hops twice. Not to miss is the Chefs Table experience; fabulous evenings with great food and wine. The premium drink package was 20 percent off before we left. Let me know if you have other questions.

We sailed the Vision out of Tampa. I find her crew one of the best we have encounted on any RCL ship. She is a perfect ship for the Med. for you are off the ship all day. We did the Splendour out of Venice years ago and she was also perfect as a smaller ship. I don't really miss any of the larger ships extras when I choose a sailing like yours for I find I spend most of my time off the ship. Loved the Vision. Great choice in a sailing.:)

What's your cabin#? If you're on the right side (starboard) of the ship you will not be looking at St Marks square nor what you really want to see when leaving Venice. Maybe you mean it's on the "correct" side to see Venice... meaning the left (port) side?

Yes sorry meant correct side as we are on the left. Always get my port and starboard mixed up!

Thanks for all the replies and photos. Really looking forward to it now, particularly Kotor as it has been on our wish list for a while. It's a pity we don't arrive until 2pm and then we will have to tender ashore.

Have my eye on a Celebrity cruise next year which also calls at Kotor so may return.

Thanks for all the replies and photos. Really looking forward to it now, particularly Kotor as it has been on our wish list for a while. It's a pity we don't arrive until 2pm and then we will have to tender ashore.

Have my eye on a Celebrity cruise next year which also calls at Kotor so may return.

We did Med last year on HAL and Kotor was one of our favorite ports. It shouldn't be a problem arriving this late as you only need a few hours to explore it. Just walk through the old town and climb the wall if you wish. We did it, but not to the very top. The view is magnificent and we were lucky with the weather. Enjoy!

We did Med last year on HAL and Kotor was one of our favorite ports. It shouldn't be a problem arriving this late as you only need a few hours to explore it. Just walk through the old town and climb the wall if you wish. We did it, but not to the very top. The view is magnificent and we were lucky with the weather. Enjoy!

Thanks so much. Don't think we will be climbing all the way up due to my husbands' dodgy knee!

Kotor is stunning, the sail along the 'fjord' is mesmerising. When they start giving out the tender tickets in the theatre (think it was 10 or 11am) go and queue up early.

I went to join the queue 10mins before the allocated time and got tender 13. It's worth getting there early to get early tender. Get lunch and then returning to the deck to enjoy the gorgeous sailing into Kotor.

There are plenty of taxis/tourguides at the port if you want a drive out of town but we just stayed within the old town walls.

Gorgeous port, my favourite of all. Except for a gorgeous bakery in Corfu town...all that baklava etc!

https://freshlyveganadventures.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/greek-islands-montenegro-day-2/

Kotor is stunning, the sail along the 'fjord' is mesmerising. When they start giving out the tender tickets in the theatre (think it was 10 or 11am) go and queue up early.

I went to join the queue 10mins before the allocated time and got tender 13. It's worth getting there early to get early tender. Get lunch and then returning to the deck to enjoy the gorgeous sailing into Kotor.

There are plenty of taxis/tourguides at the port if you want a drive out of town but we just stayed within the old town walls.

Gorgeous port, my favourite of all. Except for a gorgeous bakery in Corfu town...all that baklava etc!

https://freshlyveganadventures.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/greek-islands-montenegro-day-2/

Your photos are stunning. We are doing the same itinerary as you.

We will definitely queue up early for the tender tickets

Just back from Vision had a great time tremendous staff throughout the ship.

Main dining room was excellent we were on the 8.30pm second sitting.

Very pleased with the food and superb waiters totally unrushed always had time to discuss the menu and their recommendations with you.

No hesitation with sailing on her again.

Just back from Vision had a great time tremendous staff throughout the ship.

Main dining room was excellent we were on the 8.30pm second sitting.

Very pleased with the food and superb waiters totally unrushed always had time to discuss the menu and their recommendations with you.

No hesitation with sailing on her again.

We had late sitting in May and thought the food excellent. The wait staff couldn't do enough for us and brought us extra prawns, steak, cheese and cookies with our coffee. Drinks were always on the table.

One thing to remember especially from the uk, you have plus one hour time change when you get to Venice and you have another time change plus one hour on the way to Greece so the late sitting doesn't feel that late.

We did a Mediterranean cruise on the Vision last fall, and had a wonderful time! While it is a smaller ship without the bells and whistles of larger ships, the itinerary was so port intensive that we didn't miss anything. For us, the highlights were the ports, and we were able to cross off lots of places on our bucket list. I also would encourage you to be up on deck for the hours before you reach Kotor in order to see the beautiful fjord-like scenery. The staff were friendly and helpful - an all around great experience. Enjoy your cruise!