Anthem of the Seas WOW Band and Beverage Package

Does anyone know how the band works if you have pre-purchased a beverage package? I thought I read somewhere that it's not recognized on the band but that wouldn't make sense since it would defeat the purpose of the technology.

Also does anyone know if you are held firm to the time you selected for check in? I am traveling with 5 friends who are not C&A members (we are gold) and while I have the option to check in earlier they do not (although I could link the reservations) but just wondering if I pick 12 but get there by 11 am will I have to wait?

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think i read something that it is pointless if you have a Beverage Package, because they need to see the sticker on your card.

Also can someone tell me if you can buy these Wow bands, and how much are they, if you just have a regular stateroom.

You can arrive - in the US - when you want. Does not matter. The band knows you have the package. The pointless part is that you generally have to hand it to the bartender to run by the "reader". I would hate taking it on and off. I had the band for free but went with my card after day 1.

And they are around 5 bucks I think if not in a JS or above.

Edited by MattInFLL

The WOW band is 4.99 USD (JS and up, it´s included). As it will be programmed for you the beverage package will be on the band too. Anyway you have to take it off for purchases at a bar as they have to hold it to the "scanner".

It´s convenient for the pool or fitness studio where you don´t know where to put your card :D.

steamboats

who will bring her "old" ones for the Harmony too hoping that the reprogramming does work.

Just as an FYI, if anyone really cares, in all likelihood the RFID chip in the SeaPass card and/or WOW band does not contain any information about the cruiser such as purchase of a beverage package, that information is stored in the ship's computer system. The RFID tag just signals an ID that identifies the cruiser to the computer system. That same ID is also coded into the cabin door lock that queries the RFID tag for its ID to know whether to unlock the door or not. The bar code on a cruiser's SetSail Pass used at checkin is also an identifier to the cruiser's computer record. This is why bartenders can know that a cruiser has a package when using the SetSail Pass prior to receiving their SeaPass cards when the cabins are not yet ready. The same is true for the traditional magnetic strip cards, they do not contain any information other than an ID used to access the ship's computer's records.

I used the term "in all likelihood" because some RFID chips can contain other information other than an ID, but in this case I highly doubt it.