Website offers vs. info provided to TA

CJDepew

Hi all, I'm new to NCL and working with a TA to plan a group on the Epic for 2/2017. Wondering if others have had a similar experience with NCL. Scenario below:

Co-planner and I started bookings under the offers available in March. Prices quoted, deposits started rolling in. We were told by our TA that she would alert us if the fares were lowered as we would be eligible. Bookings start rolling in but now, three months later, we have a question about a cabin for three.

Called the TA, who called NCL and was told yesterday that there are no 3 person inside cabins available for that cruise. We then checked the NCL website last night and have found that not only have prices for that cruise in most cabin types been lowered, they also have inside cabins available that will accomodate up to 4 people. This is the second time we've had to do this with differing info being provided to the TA via verbal customer service and what is stated on the website.

We provided screen shots for the TA, but I'm sure she hasn't even seen it yet. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Absolutely not. TAs should have the same access to information. You might want to think about finding another TA. Does this one offer benefits like OBC, lower fares, or money back? If they're offering the same perks and prices as NCL, you should be looking elsewhere.

The TA offered OBC, on board perks and to price match any drops in prices. She's been in business many years and have had several positive recommendations for her from customers who have done business with her for 20+ years.

She's done a good job with getting us ground transport and a block of hotel rooms booked at a discount, but the dealings with NCL are puzzling.

It is possible that the room isn't available to the TA as part of the TA's rooms to book. That doesn't mean she can't book them it just means her commission will be reduced and she may not be able to offer you OBC or other perks with that particular room.

Had a similar situation but my TA didn't tell me she couldn't book the room she just pretty much told me the above. I'm not a travel agent so don't really know how it all works but as I understand it TA's have access to the whole ship for booking just like you and I, but they also have groups of rooms they sell as a package or something. In my situation the TA had us on deck 8, we would have preferred deck 7, rooms on deck 7 weren't part of her "block" so she would book it but we couldn't have OBC with that room, we kept the room she booked.

NCL customer service is notorious for giving conflicting information. That said, the other reason they may be claiming no insides for 3 could be a capacity problem. The ship can only sail with a maximum of 4100 passengers. If NCL is approaching that capacity limit it may be that they cannot sell any 3 person cabins at this time. Did you try to make a fake booking on the NCL site?

Also I want to mention I attempted a fake booking on the Nov 17, 2017 cruise and found that the mini suite price was just $100 more pp than an inside. It really pays to do a fake booking and look for specials like that as a mini suite would be much better for 3 than an inside.

Edited by SuiteTraveler