Odd email from Carnival!

RicoMari

Just got this warning that I'm close to final payment and need to pay my balance now to avoid cancellation. But final payment was due 6/15 and it's paid! I plan to call in the morning, but just curious if it's a glitch and anyone else got some strange communication like this.

image.jpg.abfa5ce36432137c8e7c2e60d5dfdec8.jpg

Edited by RicoMari

It's probably automated based on what the cruise manager says, and the amounts in cruise manager are not always correct. Right now mine says I have $50 OBC but I really have a few hundred which carnival says is correctly reflected on their end.

I think this is new for Carnival. Our last cruise was #25 for me and the first time I ever got a reminder for final payment. It came a week or so before the actual due date. If it shows paid in full on the carnival site. I wouldn't worry too much

It's probably automated based on what the cruise manager says, and the amounts in cruise manager are not always correct. Right now mine says I have $50 OBC but I really have a few hundred which carnival says is correctly reflected on their end.

If you want to see all the OBC you should have, do a mock print out of your cruise documents. Total OBC should be shown correctly on them.

I didn't get a letter because I'd booked via a TA but my cruise was cancelled last week. Luckily I logged in on the day they cancelled it and because it had disappeared from the account I contacted the TA.

The TA was holding onto my funds until the final payment day and made the latest that day, I didn't know if it was something to do with UK/USA time difference but the funds mustn't have hit the Carnival banking in time so it was cancelled.

I've been really lucky because there it's for the Vista in Aug, and FH four bed rooms are sold out. I'm not sure what would have actually happened if someone would have bought my room that morning.

So basically if your using a TA in the UK ask them, to make final payment before the actual due date.

I think this is new for Carnival. Our last cruise was #25 for me and the first time I ever got a reminder for final payment. It came a week or so before the actual due date. If it shows paid in full on the carnival site. I wouldn't worry too much

I would call and make sure. Otherwise if they cancel in error they might have sold out the ship and noplace to put you.

I didn't get a letter because I'd booked via a TA but my cruise was cancelled last week. Luckily I logged in on the day they cancelled it and because it had disappeared from the account I contacted the TA.

The TA was holding onto my funds until the final payment day and made the latest that day, I didn't know if it was something to do with UK/USA time difference but the funds mustn't have hit the Carnival banking in time so it was cancelled.

I've been really lucky because there it's for the Vista in Aug, and FH four bed rooms are sold out. I'm not sure what would have actually happened if someone would have bought my room that morning.

So basically if your using a TA in the UK ask them, to make final payment before the actual due date.

No reason for TA to hold onto your funds they should go right to the cruise line. Would find a new TA immediately.

Did you do a price match recently? I had a situation once where I did a price match that technically raised the deposit even though the cruise was paid off (I had paid in full before the final payment date). It was a weird situation because they actually expected me to pay the difference between the deposit I paid and the new deposit, even though the difference was going to go right to OBC since the total I paid was already over the total cruise fare.

The only reason I found about about it was because I received an email. When I logged in, it still said Paid in Full, because technically it was. Anyway, I'm glad that I called rather than to just assume it was a mistake, because they would have cancelled it. I ended up just forking over the money rather than argue the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

No reason for TA to hold onto your funds they should go right to the cruise line. Would find a new TA immediately.

They will just find the same situation. Almost all TAs hold funds until they absolutely have to release them. 'Money in the bank' so to speak.

Book direct and avoid the middle man. And all the possible glitches that go with along with it.

Don't bite...just my own opinion. :p

They will just find the same situation. Almost all TAs hold funds until they absolutely have to release them. 'Money in the bank' so to speak.

Book direct and avoid the middle man. And all the possible glitches that go with along with it.

Don't bite...just my own opinion. :p

IMHO, most TA's DO NOT hold funds until the last possible minute. Most of the ones I know don't even accept payment from their clients, they collect credit card info and pass it onto the cruise line. If the charges on your credit card do not come directly from the cruise line, it's time to find a new TA. If your TA asks you to pay any other way (than a credit card), it's time to find a new TA. Payment should be made to the cruise line on the day you authorize the transaction and hopefully it's several days prior to the final payment date :)

How long ago did you pay it off? I got the same message for 2 weeks after I paid off my balance for a cruise in Aug that I paid off in March. I was able to see it was paid in full on the site so I just ignored them and they stopped on their own. You should be fine. I think its just some sort of auto trigger on the web site that sends it out but the logic doesn't check for actual balance properly when the email is generated. I think you should be fine but if its close to your required pay by date and you are concerned I would say def give them a call to make sure all is ok.

I received an email for a payment that was also due 06/15/2016. Scary thing is I changed my cruise dates so I'm not even going on the cruise that the email was pertaining to! I had changed my reservation just before final payment was due. Spoke with Carnival and they verified that I am not on the cruise and indeed my reservation stated the new ship and dates. I received the email either by glitch or she said there had been some kind of delay one day recently, so I'm assuming it must have been a few days before the 06/15 deadline. All is well though and my reservations are all correct, PHEW!!!!!! Hope this helps

I did speak with them just a bit ago and the representative confirmed I was all paid up and that it was a "system" generated email sent in error. Another funny thing was the amount it stated was due $837.02 was not an amount that had ever been outstanding. Like it was just pulled randomly from the air - anyway, I suppose it is nothing to worry about, however I would like to have a little more faith in their "systems"!!

same exact thing happened to me. Said final payment date was 6/19 and that I had a balance of $534. Except it's been paid for weeks now. Carnival website say's I'm all paid up. I was wondering if I should call, but sounds like it's just something wrong in their system.

I guess the lesson here it to keep on top of things yourself and not put too much trust in computerized systems We have never had this situation happen, but have had issues that we had to really move up the chain of comand to convince them that there were mistakes on their end, not ours. Many hours spent on the phone, but worth it in the end.

I agree with this. My TA applies funds to my account, and immediately sends me an updated statement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app