The Waffles Are Wonderful

Lois R

While we found the waffles to be ok, the problem is where the waffle station is located on the M class ships. It is quite a ways aft from the main buffet area meaning that if you want bacon etc. you have to get it before or after your waffle, in which case something gets cold. It wouldn't be too difficult to have bacon, sausage etc available at the waffle station would it?

The first time my husband ordered waffles on a Celebrity Cruise, they were not cooked as well as they should be. However, when he asked them to recook them, they were fine. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with undercooked waffles?

I have never had undercooked waffles, but I have had undercooked pancakes on the Zenith

While we found the waffles to be ok, the problem is where the waffle station is located on the M class ships. It is quite a ways aft from the main buffet area meaning that if you want bacon etc. you have to get it before or after your waffle, in which case something gets cold. It wouldn't be too difficult to have bacon, sausage etc available at the waffle station would it?

On the 10/10 sailing on the Summit, there was bacon and sausage available at the Aft waffle station. No need to go anywhere else.:)

Hi Nikki,:) I wrote a review from our sailing. If it is not on this front page,

it is probably a page back.

It will give you an idea of what I loved about the ship:D

You asked about anything special. The Martini Bar;) if Marlon

is the bartender you are in for a treat. Try a peach martini, I think it

is my new favorite:D

And the Aft Bar is excellent too. We had a group of CCrs out there every

day! Ari took care of us..he is great as well!

Lois R

You realize that because of you everyone will want the waffles now and we will now have longer lines :mad: ;) Just like the demand for the M-class Aft staterooms after cruisers started talking about them.;)

On the Connie last March they had bacon at the custom egg station next door.

• 3 weeks later...

After looking forward to these waffles for a long time, I was really disappointed on our Med cruise on Millennium in October. They were not made to order...they had a pile of them sitting there under a towel. They were warm and soggy. The butter didn't even melt. On my next cruise on Infinity, I will try again. But then, the food in general wasn't up to Celebrity standards.

Lois R

You realize that because of you everyone will want the waffles now and we will now have longer lines :mad: ;) Just like the demand for the M-class Aft staterooms after cruisers started talking about them.;)

On the Connie last March they had bacon at the custom egg station next door.

See you in line in a few weeks :)

I'm not normally a waffle person but now I will need to give them a try.

The Waffles are the BEST thing on the Cruise.

...and that is saying a lot. Those things are incredible. I've never tasted waffles anywhere that approached being that good.

I want one now. I wish there was a Celebrity Cruise Ship around here somewhere.

After looking forward to these waffles for a long time, I was really disappointed on our Med cruise on Millennium in October. They were not made to order...they had a pile of them sitting there under a towel. They were warm and soggy. The butter didn't even melt. On my next cruise on Infinity, I will try again. But then, the food in general wasn't up to Celebrity standards.

I will have to agree with you. Just off the millennium two weeks ago and ordered the waffles, they were very disappointing. Unlike you, I had mine made to order and they were like rubber. I thought maybe they were undercooked, so the next morning I asked for them to cook them a little more but no luck, still like rubber. Am I missing something? Aren't waffles suppose to be crispy? At least all the waffles I have ever eaten have been. I could bend these back and forth like a pancake.

Since I was on the Summit when Lois started this thread, I only just found it.

I have to add my YUUUUMMMMMMMMY about the waffles on the Summit. They were, without a doubt, the most scrumptious food aboard the ship and I loved the food.

FYI, someone said they had to get bacon separately, etc. .... no way! They have everything right there: bacon, sausage, etc. I made my way aft and prepared my morning feast. The only bad thing was they only served them until 10:00 a.m. I hadn't noticed and got there one day about 10:05. I cried "Nooooooooooooooooooo.....":o

My favorite was 2 waffles, smothered in strawberries in sauce with a helpful topping of whipped cream sprinkled with a little cinnamon and brown sugar. I KNOW!!!:eek: But I only gained 6 lbs in 2 weeks and I've already lost it ... so no harm done;) .

Hi Lois,

You mentioned on page 3 that your cruise review was somewhere neaby fot the Summit,but I have looked at all 3 pages and cannot find it. We will be on the Summit next month and I would love to read it. Can you say where it is exactly?

Thanks for all of your good posts,Coleridge

Hi Lois,

You mentioned on page 3 that your cruise review was somewhere neaby fot the Summit,but I have looked at all 3 pages and cannot find it. We will be on the Summit next month and I would love to read it. Can you say where it is exactly?

Thanks for all of your good posts,Coleridge

Thanks for the compliment:) I did a search and found my review.

I brought it back up to this front page for you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Oh, it was pretty far back......last reply was early this month.

Archived