Dining questions

moongal

If you do anytime dining, do you leave a tip just like at a regular restaurant? I realize there are the prepaid gratuities, but do people not ever tip these anytime waiters extra? (I gave my room steward extra at the end of my last cruise).

Can you go to the sea day brunch more than once or do they check your name off a list and you cannot go again? Just wondering because thought might eat there for breakfast and go again for lunch.

Tablecloths.....I'm in the "I like the tablecloths" camp.....seemed to me to add a bit of polish and sparkle to the experience, making it more like a luxurious vacation than just normal everyday life. I've read where they have done away with them, but do they still have them on elegant night?

Do they have an elegant night on a 4 day sailing? After my last cruise (which was my first) I have been itching to go back but because of busy schedule a 4 day was all I was able to fit in. I hope it is just as much fun as my last cruise, which was a 7 day.

Thanks!

No need to tip. Prepaid gratuities go to the anytime dining staff. An additional is up to you.

Sea day brunch is as many times as you want. Heck, go for breakfast and go back for lunch the same day if you want.

Tablecloths on elegant night, but I don't know if that is so on every ship still.

Not sure about 4 day cruise elegant nights. Never been on anything shorter than 7 days.

If you do anytime dining, do you leave a tip just like at a regular restaurant? I realize there are the prepaid gratuities, but do people not ever tip these anytime waiters extra? (I gave my room steward extra at the end of my last cruise). On one cruise where we had ATD we had a waiter we liked so much we asked for his section every night. We tipped him extra at the end. Other times we have not.

Can you go to the sea day brunch more than once or do they check your name off a list and you cannot go again? Just wondering because thought might eat there for breakfast and go again for lunch. We've gone twice on the same day - when they open for breakfast, and again around noon for lunch.

Tablecloths.....I'm in the "I like the tablecloths" camp.....seemed to me to add a bit of polish and sparkle to the experience, making it more like a luxurious vacation than just normal everyday life. I've read where they have done away with them, but do they still have them on elegant night? Will need someone else to answer as I honestly do not remember!

Do they have an elegant night on a 4 day sailing? After my last cruise (which was my first) I have been itching to go back but because of busy schedule a 4 day was all I was able to fit in. I hope it is just as much fun as my last cruise, which was a 7 day. Yes, you will have one elegant night.

Thanks!

Have fun!

The Anytime dining room staff are part of the auto-gratuities pool just as the fixed seating dining staff are. Not required by any means but if you really liked your staff at Anytime you can slip them some extra green.

If I'm not mistaken you can also request specific teams of servers in Anytime Dining if you find a team you really like

Edited by summersigh

You can tip extra or not as you please.

When we do Anytime dining we find a wait staff we like and request them for the whole cruise.That way they get to know us! There is no rule that says you need to wait until the last night to tip extra!! We often give an extra tip sometime in the middle of the cruise if we really like the service! We see no point in waiting until the last night when we are very happy with the staff!

When you have "anytime dining" they will ask for your cabin # prior to being seated. This is how they know how to distribute your auto gratuity. Like others have said- no individual tip is necessary - you've paid it with your auto gratuity, but if you choose to tip extra, that is totally up to you.

From what I understand the tips are all pooled. That is, if you give something extra to your server or room steward they are supposed to turn it in and it gets distributed to everyone. I have read that if they are caught keeping a tip it could cost then their jobs or be subject to "peer punishment"