Time is right to buy Euros

LaCal

If you're planning on pre buying Euros for your Vista Med cruise...The time is great

With Great Britian leaving the EU the price of euros is drastically down

Today's rates have already gone from near 1.19 down to 1.09 US FOR 1 Euro

So look at Friday's rates for sure and the next few days

My news just said the Euro hasn't been this low since 1985.....35 Year Low

I'm going to see if it goes a little lower and buy on Monday or Tuesday

Nothing but bad news for us in the UK unfortunately.:eek:

Should have listened to MIL when she wanted to buy her euros for next years cruise a few weeks ago. :(

Now we both are loosing out.

If the EU falls apart not sure how much I would want to invest in euros. Now other countries are grumbling about leaving. The USD is getting stronger.

True but now a the time for US people to buy Euros for our upcoming vista cruise

• 2 weeks later...

Love it. International currency traders have no idea what is going to happen and we have the amateurs here giving advice. Actually, the euro did sink to a low of about $1.05 earlier this year and predictions have been out there that at some point in 2017, the euro will reach parity with the US dollar but who really knows. Yes, the pound has fallen to very low rates but the euro against the dollar's "fall" has been very modest since Brexit. My advice is and remains que sera sera, whatever will be will be. Nobody truly knows.

Edited by MATHA531

How is everyone getting there euros? Just through there local bank branch? Trying to figure out the cheapest most efficient way.

We have a Charles Schwab checking account. No foreign transaction fees; no atm fee (if the machine/bank that you use charges a fee CS reimburses/credits you for the amount).

Easy enough to open the account online.

Checked with Chase Bank today and the exchange rate is 1.17.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually, Susan, the interbank rate at this instant is €1=$1.1053 so you can see how much of a profit Chase is building in to exchange cash (although they may claim there are no fees).

If you were to exchange at an ATM upon arrival in Europe, you will get much closer to the interbank rate with a mark up depending on just how your bank wishes to rip you off (along with possible other fees).

The FX futures rate moving averages has been around $1.11 since March of 2015. Trading in a +/- 4 cent band. Your bank does add onto this so you can't go by just the current quote. Nevertheless certainly beats traveling back in 2008/2009 when the rate was in the $1.40s/$1.50s.

I just bought Euros today at my local bank for my trip at the end of this month. Yes, I realize it cost me more (I have a degree in Finance) but this is my reasoning: I have several tours that will only take cash, I'm limited in the amount I can get at the ATM per day, I don't feel like finding an ATM everyday, and most importantly I've had a couple of debit card breaches in the past and don't want to be stuck in Europe without the ability to use my ATM card. It just works for me. Like the previous poster said - I'm pretty happy with the Euro being 1.10-1.15/ $1. Much nicer than 1.40-1.50 Euro/ $1 in the past. No matter what have a great time everyone!

I just bought Euros today at my local bank for my trip at the end of this month. Yes, I realize it cost me more (I have a degree in Finance) but this is my reasoning: I have several tours that will only take cash, I'm limited in the amount I can get at the ATM per day, I don't feel like finding an ATM everyday, and most importantly I've had a couple of debit card breaches in the past and don't want to be stuck in Europe without the ability to use my ATM card. It just works for me. Like the previous poster said - I'm pretty happy with the Euro being 1.10-1.15/ $1. Much nicer than 1.40-1.50 Euro/ $1 in the past. No matter what have a great time everyone!

FWLIW, I do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.