Newbie question- Dawn Boston disembark

Oceangirl60

Only done it once, but be aware that if you do self-disembark, you get off on the 2nd floor of the Port building and there are only 2 mid-sized elevators for everyone to use. If you want to use the escalator to get downstairs, the monitors will make sure you have one hand free for safety reasons. Pack with this in mind as the line for the elevators got fairly long fairly quick. Don't know if this backup occurs if you leave your luggage out the night before and leave at a designated time. Once it started, we were out in probably 10-15 min and on the street waiting for our ride using the escalators.

I am hoping to be off around 10. Does that sound reasonable?
That should be no problem at all. Most people will be off the ship by then, so disembarkation should be very easy. There is no need to self-disembark unless you prefer that. A couple of days before arrival in Boston they will put the colored luggage tags out for people to help themselves (first come first served). The latest color is usually around 9:45 so you should pick that one, or maybe a little earlier. If the ship happens to dock late, all of the colors will be pushed back, but I wouldn't worry too much about that. In my experience, it's more common for them to call the colors a little earlier than scheduled (you can stay on board even after they call your color, but your bags will be sitting out in the terminal where anyone can grab them).

It's been a couple of years, but if you are in a suite you could be off as early as 8:30 or 8:45 AM. All of my Boston cruises have had me home by 9:30 AM... I live about 10 miles north of Boston, so it's a quick ride home. There is a cell phone lot that your ride can wait in if you are not exact with your time. The information is on the massport website. Enjoy your cruise!!

If you are coming from Canada on a New England/Canada Fall cruise don't

you pre-clear CBI at Bar Harbor so on arrival at Boston easy peasy just simply

do the walk off with baggage in hand and go your own way ?

Do the Bermuda trips pre-clear somewhere before the Boston arrival ?

With the Dawn arriving at 8 am and walk off baggage one should be able

to be off the ship to ground transportation to the airport; train cab uber luft

private car in minutes - you can of course remain on board for a farewell

breakfast in the buffet before getting the bums rush to clear the ship.

Comments Help ???

Just off the Dawn and we did early walk off. They lined us up in the Bliss lounge and we were at the curb by 8:30. I did hear an announcement for non US citizens to go to the Aqua to be cleared.