Sea Glass Beaches

Rosberly

Been to both in May of this year. Both were in good condition. Not a lot of glass at Alexandra Batt compared to the one near the Dockyard. But, there were no signs about removal of glass at AB. Getting it on the ship is another story.

Been to both in May of this year. Both were in good condition. Not a lot of glass at Alexandra Batt compared to the one near the Dockyard. But, there were no signs about removal of glass at AB. Getting it on the ship is another story.

Did the scanners pick up sea glass? I only would like a handful to bring back but don't want to be stopped by security.

When we were there last year there were signs posted that it was illegal to remove sea glass from the beach. It's not a very nice beach--I really don't know why people want to go there.

When we were there last year there were signs posted that it was illegal to remove sea glass from the beach. It's not a very nice beach--I really don't know why people want to go there.

People are not going there for the beach, they're going to see all the sea glass.;):)

The signs are at the Dockyard Sea Glass beach not at Alexandra Battery. And like iheartbda said, people go to see the glass. Probably why it's called Sea Glass beach.;)

I think they go not only to see the glass but also to pick up some glass to take home.

I talked to a couple of local Bermudians about the glass and while I think my sample of local opinion is very small, I perceived that tourists picking up a couple of pieces of glass is not objected to much. The big issue is that some tourists have have been filling up bags with sea glass to take home.

Edited by Charles4515

We'll be at Tobacco Beach in early August. Can you explain how to get to Alexandra Battery from there. Is it close enough to walk?

We'll be taking a taxi from the caves to Tobacco Beach. Would it be better to have them drop us off at Alexandra Batt?

Thank you.

We'll be at Tobacco Beach in early August. Can you explain how to get to Alexandra Battery from there. Is it close enough to walk?

We'll be taking a taxi from the caves to Tobacco Beach. Would it be better to have them drop us off at Alexandra Batt?

Thank you.

The distance from TB to AB is about 1.1 miles so you could walk it, but with the heat, a taxi may be your best option. To walk there, as you leave TB, turn so that the water is on your left and keep it there for the entire walk.

Starting at AB, what would be the advantage if you still would go to TB after? There are no facilities at AB.

SBtS