UK currency rate

tartantiara

Any UK cruisers sailing soon can still buy onboard credit at the old Celebrity rate of $1.44 compared to the current rate in UK of about $1.32. Don't know how long this will last but I just bought some this morning

Any UK cruisers sailing soon can still buy onboard credit at the old Celebrity rate of $1.44 compared to the current rate in UK of about $1.32. Don't know how long this will last but I just bought some this morning

Thanks for that prompt. Just bought some OBC for our Sep Eclipse cruise to cover a drinks package upgrade and Internet costs.

Wonder if they have started to reprint all the advertising onboard Eclipse that shows equivalent UK costs alongside the dollar cost for things like drink packages and Internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, can you tell me how you did this...Imtried but it wouldn't accept my reservation number on My Celebrity.

Thanks.

Hi, can you tell me how you did this...Imtried but it wouldn't accept my reservation number on My Celebrity.

Thanks.

I was the same when I tried to do it online so I just phoned Celebrity on 01932834300 only took a few minutes

Thanks for the tip. Website not playing ball for me either, & gift dept telephone line now closed. Let's hope they still offer the same rate in the morning...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I tried online again and it worked so have another try.

Thank you for this timely reminder. We did this three years ago and the exchange rate never equalled or was better than the rate we got with the OBC we bought. Just bought and waiting for the email confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Celebrity were really busy on Friday with people buying OBC!

For anyone still considering purchasing OBC in the UK you are strongly recommended to purchase by telephone and not online.

When you purchase online, it is not a completely automated process. It requires human intervention. When they are busy, this intervention can take some weeks. Orders are processed in date of sailing NOT date of purchase order. It has been known for orders to be lost or, for guest believing their order has been lost, double purchases.

I would let you have the telephone number but it took me three attempts before I was transferred to the correct person and, when I asked what number I should call, the answer confused me so much, I still did not know what it was!

If you have unused OBC purchased this way, you can convert your account from card (credit/debit) to cash and you will be refunded the remaining OBC in hard cash - dollars in your hand. We did this last year when our cruise finished in Honolulu giving us cash in hand hand to start the next phase of our holiday.

Thank you everyone for your input. Very helpful.

The phone number on my Order Confirmation is : 01932834325. Option 2

Gosh, nothing seems simple these days does it !

Sorry, this telephone number has changed!!

The number I just got through on is : 01932834300

All done. Thanks for the tip on this!

Called the number mentioned above was on hold for about 10 mins before a very pleasant chap dealt with my order very efficiently. He said lots of people are buying OBC this morning:)

A real concern is that UK bookers through C-UK have effectively booked a package holiday, with ATOL protection etc etc. But the legislation allows tour operators to pass on extra costs caused by currency variations about 2%, and clients can only cancel without charge if the increase is 10%. . . . . .

Stuart

I had the same issue in not being able to buy OBC through their website as it didn't like my reservation number.

Phoned them and they said that the website was a nightmare (which IT kept promising to fix) and they reckon they should just put a message on there telling people to phone if it was urgent instead.

In the end I decided to prepay to upgrade our drinks packages as that is the main thing we would have used OBC. The exchange rate for doing that worked out to 1.4568 so I am happy.

Hopefully we won't be affected by any extra costs passed on - I doubt they pay much in Sterling so we should be ok. Sterling is improving again today.