How many of you have sailed the same ship twice?

syndyj

We have done same ship, same itinerary several times. If the shows were the same we just did something else that night. If the islands were the same, who cares? At this point, we have been to the Caribbean so many times that we rarely get off the ship unless it's to take a walk or go to the beach. Sometimes we feel like if you've seen one Caribbean island, you've seen them all. Of course there are some differences, but after doing several tours in each, we don't care about the location any more. The ship is now our destination.

We have settled on Radiance class as our favorite. We would much rather have the elegance of Radiance, Jewel, Brilliance or Serenade than the crowds and long lines on Voyager class. That's not to say that there's anything the matter with Voyager class. It's just not our preference.

We are going on Celebrity's Infinity in a few weeks. In March, back to Jewel of the Seas with the same itinerary we did on her last Thanksgiving. In December 06 we will be on Brilliance doing Panama Canal/Southern Caribbean. I hope to sneak in a quickie on Empress out of Philadelphia to Bermuda this summer. Bottom line, we are addicted to cruising RCCL as often as possible.

November 18 will be my 4th time on the Majesty. I feel comfortable knowing where everything is on the ship and what you can do in port. My GF and I are able to plan our day in port based on what we have done last time we were there. If there is something we like to do, then we can plan for that. If we didn't care for something, then we know that we will avoid it.

And did you do the same itineary or a different one? Right now I am getting an excellent deal on airfare to Puerto Rico and I am tempted to do the Adventure of the Seas Aruba route. We did the Barbados route last year and really loved the ship, but I am thinking it might be more of the same ON the ship.Do the shows change every year or will it be the same songs, dances and ice shows?

We are actually doing exactly what you're talking about - we did AOS on the Barbados route back in April and are doing the Aruba route next month. We also got a great deal on airfare from Chicago ($225 pp round-trip). With the Barbados itinerary, there were so many ports that I think it'll be nice to see the ship and the shows, etc again (even if they don't change much). I'm actually looking forward to having two days at sea this time!!!

Our first two cruises (see signature) were IDENTICAL cruises on the Explorer, the eastern caribbean itinerary. We, um, even stayed in the SAME CABIN. :rolleyes:

I booked us on the Explorer for next June (because we love her and because it sails out of Bayonne, a straight shot for us up the Jersey Turnpike), and was REALLY looking forward to doing the western itinerary. Well, two months after I booked it, they changed ALL the western sailings to eastern. "sigh"

I have double-booked us on a Princess cruise that IS doing the western itinerary, and I still can't decide between the two.

Yes, the non-headliner entertainment was the same on both cruises, but that's an advantage of having no memory left. :D Everything old is new again. :D

Carol

I've sailed on the Monarch three times on the same itinerary. Went for the cruise experience and to introduce a friend and a family member to cruising, so it was more about them than the cruise for me. One benefit, however, is that I knew what to expect and where everything was.

I'll be on the Legend in December and am greatful that it is the sister ship of the Rhapsody, so I'll already know the general layout of the ship. My wife, on the other hand, likes to try different ships and different ports, so it's unually to do any trip twice with her.

thanks for everyone's responses, seems like very few people never repeat the same ships. I love the islands of the Caribbean, aside from the fact that I live in the Caribbean, each island is different to me. I have been to Barbados, St.Lucia and Antigua multiple times (LOVE Barbados) but I have never been to Aruba or Curacao. I know there is lots to do on Aruba, especially with the ship leaving so late, but what is there to do on Curacao?

We've sailed Brilliance three times on three different itineraries and twice in the same cabin. She is our favorite ship by far. However, there are so many places we haven't seen and so many ships we'd love to sail that it may be a while before we sail Brilliance again. On the other hand, we're not counting her out... :D

There are many excursions available on Curacao but we chose just to walk around in town. The floating bridge was very interesting to see, and we enjoyed looking in the shops. Don't miss the rock people by the pier.

My DW and I have been on the Legend for 3 cruises (oh, yes, Carol, also in the same cabin all three times, we call it our home away from home) once Hawaii to the mainland, once mainland to Hawaii, and once out of Southampton to the Canary Islands. We will do the Legend again at some time.

We have done the Mercury three times and are booked for a fourth next February. Twice to Alaska and in Feb will be twice to the Mexican Riviera. Oh yes, same cabin each time.

We have been on the Monarch and have two more cruise coming up.:D

Rick

And did you do the same itineary or a different one? Right now I am getting an excellent deal on airfare to Puerto Rico and I am tempted to do the Adventure of the Seas Aruba route. We did the Barbados route last year and really loved the ship, but I am thinking it might be more of the same ON the ship.Do the shows change every year or will it be the same songs, dances and ice shows?

The shows have a life of 3 to 4 years depending on the reviews that they get from the passengers. It simply costs too much to change them every year. As for it being more of the same on the ship, if the itinerary is completely different it should seem like a different cruise. You have to realize that many activities are the same on every ship so certain aspects of a cruise will always be repetitive.

We sailed the Serenade Southern Caribbean two years in a row (Nov 2003 and Nov 2004). Had a great time both times. First year we did the tours of the islands etc. Second time we did our own thing (mostly beach, etc).

Same cruise director both times, but different shows. However, some of the same jokes came from the cruise director.

Monarch twice-only because I live in LA and that limits my options-but it isn't bad-I have found that every cruise is different, even if the ship is the same-did it in different cabins, different seasons with different groups of people-any cruise is better than no cruise!!

We did the Explorer twice in the same year. We were on its inaugural cruise and again at the next to last cruise of the year. We do the same ports quite often and don't mind it at all. The shows done by the RCCL performers were the same because it was during the same year, but I still enjoyed them.

I seem to keep going on the Rhapsody, same itinerary except it used to stop in Costa Maya and one time did Belize instead of Grand Cayman. I dont really care about ports or shows etc. I enjoy Cozumel and Key West a lot so dont mind going there over and over. I spend most of my days by the pool and head to the Viking Crown for late night.. Im actually working on going on her again in May.. would love to go in Dec with Fausto and his gang but not happening :(

Song of Norway 3 times: Western Caribbean, then Eastern, then full Panama Canal transit.

Monarch of the Seas twice when it first came out with 7 day cruises. Once as a shopping trip, the 2nd as a golf trip that my father came on with us and played golf with my wife and I at every port. We also did a pre cruise in Puerto Rico and played at the Hyatt Dorado course.

My first cruise was on the Navigator May 2004 Eastern. It was only my husband and I. We had so much fun, went again May 2005.(western) The 5 of us who never met before the first cruise had so much fun we decided to go again. (one from Ireland) We are all friends for life and still keep in touch.

We have sailed the Viking Serenade 2 times (Ensenada), The Carnival Holiday 3 times (Ensenada), The Rhapsody 2 times (Mexican Riviera) and The Voyager 2 times (Western Caribbean). Would like to sail the Grandeur again out of New Orleans. Hopefully that will be possible soon. I don't see anything negative about repeating the same route. Sometimes I plan something new For example we have been to Jamaica 4 times. Each time we do something different to explore the beautiful island. Sometimes I repeat a previous excursion. For example I can't get enough snorkeling in Grand Cayman, so I do it everytime I go there.

We sailed on Grandeur on the Eastern itinerary in Jan. of '98 and July of '99. We sailed on Mariner for Eastern in Jan. of this year and then did Western with a large family group in June. Would not be surprised if we sail Mariner again as she is docked in Port Canaveral which is about 4 1/2 hours away from us. Wish RCCL would bring a Radiance class ship or one of the stretched Vision class into Port Canaveral.

Serenade...

9/03 Canada/ New England ...ship was brand new...second sailing..

9/05...Alaska...had the same cabin by request....(my favorite ship and cabin)

Adventure..

1/03 Caribbean

10/05 Caribbean

(Same itinerary)

Archived