Essentials for 3 & 4 year old children on Indy

We traveled with out 4 year old. Snacks were key - especially for excursions. Also - some Tupperware in various sizes - to store ship snacks or sometimes eating dry cereal without it getting everywhere (loved the small boxes in the windjammer - always grabbed extra for later in the day!)

Kid water bottles - especially to use in your room without spills. (I bring some brawny with dawn or other pre-soaped sponge with us)

Some books and toys for the room - but also - some movies or tv shows on an iPad were life savers for chilling out in the room sometimes. Tv selection is limited

We bring their pool life vests too.

My kids LOVED LOVED LOVED the kids club!

If you want your little ones to go to kids club please make sure they can completely manage to go to the loo on their own, our grandson was just three when we went on Allure, and although he was potty trained we couldn't be sure he would manage alone. So not allowed in kids club.

We had a fantastic holiday with our family and I'm sure you will too, the grandchildren aged 3-18 all had a blast. Mind you I do laugh when I say to the little ones what was the best bit of the cruise and they say the self service ice cream!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We used a backpack with a dry bag inside. This assures that important things crackers and blankies never get wet at the beach, if say one of your angels decides to pour a bucket of water on your things.

Lots of toys.

We pack 1 or 2 carry-on size bags full of small books and small toys -- mainly for dinners where their attention span can be put to the test. We bring several small favorite toys plus a few new ones from the dollar store that are easily donated later.

We bring the bag with us and just keep bringing new ones out as they get bored with others.

We also put the "No videos/TV at dinner" rule on vacation as well and if it keeps them happy, videos are okay with us.

We usually just bring a few new toys they haven't seen and then one or two old faves. The ship has a toy rental (for free) where you pick a set of toys and then can swap out as often as you want. This worked great for us as every other day there were new toys to play with and we didn't have to pack nearly as much.

We used a backpack with a dry bag inside. This assures that important things crackers and blankies never get wet at the beach, if say one of your angels decides to pour a bucket of water on your things.

I love this ... And appreciate that you are sharing so we don't all have to learn this lesson ourselves!! We use a lot of ziploc baggies in our backpack but not usually for everything - I may be rethinking!