Migraine sufferer needs category 4K info before finalizing booking tonight.

We always book an interior stateroom because when a migraine hits, I need a very dark, very cold room to lay down in until it passes. It doesn't happen frequently on our cruises but when it has I've been so thankful for those cold, dark interior rooms!

We are holding a category 4K on the Pride that is right between 2 lifeboats. Hate to miss this opportunity but don't want to regret the decision if a migraine hits. How is the light, the heat & the humidity if you book an exterior room with doors?

You all have been gems helping us with this booking today! Many thanks again for more assistance!

Get a cabin in the center of the lifeboats. The ones between can get a little bit of sun. The drapes are true blackout curtains. Never had an issue with humidity if the door is kept closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am not sure that you can make a 4K cabin completely dark. The curtains will shut out most of the light, but not all of it. They are great rooms. I wish you the best and most of all, I wish you a migraine-free cruise!

We always book an interior stateroom because when a migraine hits, I need a very dark, very cold room to lay down in until it passes. It doesn't happen frequently on our cruises but when it has I've been so thankful for those cold, dark interior rooms!

We are holding a category 4K on the Pride that is right between 2 lifeboats. Hate to miss this opportunity but don't want to regret the decision if a migraine hits. How is the light, the heat & the humidity if you book an exterior room with doors?

You all have been gems helping us with this booking today! Many thanks again for more assistance!

We were in cabins 4155 and 4151 in March on the pride. My kids' room 4155 was freezing (they set it that way) so the air conditioning definitely worked! Only time it was humid is when we opened the doors. We had no problem with light coming through the curtains. As somebody explained, they have blackout curtains so that was not an issue for us.

If you can, I would go for the 4K between the lifeboats. They are the first ones to go. You do have a door so you will not have the total darkness like you have in an interior, even though I can see light from under the entrance door of interiors. You can get your room pretty dark if need be. Hopefully you won't encounter any migraines. Good luck on whatever you choose.

I know that people try to book between the lifeboats, but I'm not sure why they are being recommended in your case. We had one blocked by a lifeboat; it lessened the light and the drapes were effective. Our room was cool.

Something you may want to consider when booking. We had cabin 4190. It looked ideal; above the Raphael Conference Room which was only used for art gallery functions, under a room for two, and cabins for two on each side.

It didn't work out so well. The disco is on decks 1 and 2. Being on deck 4 I thought we were safe. Not so. Thumping bass could be heard and felt until two in the morning. Was it loud, no. Was it obviously there and annoying. Yes. Even using earplugs, I could feel the vibrations in the bed and pillow. When I walked the outdoor promenade while the music was going, It could be heard and felt through the teak wood.

I know that this and the RCI boards are ripe with those who will say they had no problem, don't worry. They had no problem - valid. Don't worry. Invalid. Maybe this DJ was pumping it up to 11.

I really like the 4K's and have booked them twice on the Pride and will do so again. But I won't book on top of the disco, the Raphael Lounge (karaoke). or the piano bar/Red Frog pub area.

Definitely not trying to dampen spirits for your great cruise, but as a migraine sufferer asking a serious question, I thought you deserved to know of the possibility.

I can't give advice on which cabin to choose but I do have some advice about migraines. I've had them regularly for 42 years. After trying several different medications, the one that saved me is called Maxalt. Maybe you've tried it already. If not, ask your Dr. It literally saved me.

Thanks to all who commented on this post! Ultimately we let go of the hold on the 4K & booked an interior stateroom. The location of the 4K was actually very far from where we normally like to spend the majority of our time so that was also a deciding factor.

Thankfully I do not have migraines often & only once while cruising. I spent 2-3 days in the stateroom until it subsided. My heart goes out to those of you who suffer from them relentlessly!