Vista Coves

Cruznjuly

Hi there,

we are in the process of booking a Cove for the Caribbean on the Vista.

Research tells me that of my available selections, 2301, 2298, and 2286 are the best choices.

Can anyone confirm this?

I don't think I am very good at reading deck plans, but from what I can tell I will either be below guest services or shore excursions.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We absolutely loved our Cove on the Breeze, and for that reason I think we will always book them from now on!! :)

Great tip about the elevators… I try, but there's nothing on deck three, so it's sort of hard to judge. Or maybe I am just inept! LOL

We were in 2329 on the Breeze and it was absolutely quiet. Had no issues the whole trip. Not even a lifeboat above our heads or a chair scratch across the floor or anything.

We have the same booked for the Vista next year but I'm pretty sure there's a lifeboat above it... but it's not a deal breaker by any means. Just having a balcony is great in and of itself.

In looking at the deck plans, 2286 appears to be under the lobby and the other two under the lounges right before the restaurant. Either way, definitely a quieter area of the ship to be under than the galley, I'm sure.

In looking at the deck plans, 2286 appears to be under the lobby and the other two under the lounges right before the restaurant. Either way, definitely a quieter area of the ship to be under than the galley, I'm sure.

Then 2286 is probably a safer bet?

It looks to me like all 3 of those rooms are under the lobby, although if the 2 floors are not to scale (which they sometimes are not), then that can make it difficult to know for sure. 2286 looks to be under some grey space right next to the dance floor. I don't know what that grey space would be, as the grey is usually something that guests don't have access to. Also, I don't see any "lounges" right before the restaurant (although there are 2 more grey spaces). Previous ships had rooms before the restaurant, but those aren't lounges, but are actually extensions of the restaurant. Below the dining room would be the best spot to have, because it's empty all night long & the carpeting cuts out almost all noise while it's in use. I haven't read complaints about being below the lobby, even though music is played there late into the night. But it's certainly a better spot than below the galley.

Whether or not a lifeboat is above you isn't a factor for many of us. We would actually prefer to have shade on the balcony. It makes it not so hot & keeps us from getting sunburns. For getting a tan, your best bet is to go up on deck & lay out. A balcony is not an ideal spot for getting a good even tan, unless you have no covering & enough space to lay out.

Hi there,

we are in the process of booking a Cove for the Caribbean on the Vista.

Research tells me that of my available selections, 2301, 2298, and 2286 are the best choices.

Can anyone confirm this?

I don't think I am very good at reading deck plans, but from what I can tell I will either be below guest services or shore excursions.

Thanks!

Just something to keep in mind while choosing your cabin. We had 2268 on the Breeze. It's directly below the Excursions Desk, similar to the location you're considering. No noise from overhead (although we did have noisy neighbors), and a great spot to watch for pier runners when in port. However, we spent most of our time on the Lido deck, and it's a long hike to the Aft elevator from there, which is the best one for going up to the Lido deck. The Vista is even bigger than the Breeze, so this time, we've chosen a cove balcony cabin that's in the Aft section, but beyond the galley. On a related note, the Forward and Mid ship elevators are typically busier than the Aft elevators. So, if you're going up to the Lido, the Aft elevators are much quicker.;)

I have 2301 for next Jan, and I have had people tell me that there are no lifeboats overhead that cabin.

I've heard the same... Presuming also the opposite room, 2298?

Just something to keep in mind while choosing your cabin. We had 2268 on the Breeze. It's directly below the Excursions Desk, similar to the location you're considering. No noise from overhead (although we did have noisy neighbors), and a great spot to watch for pier runners when in port. However, we spent most of our time on the Lido deck, and it's a long hike to the Aft elevator from there, which is the best one for going up to the Lido deck. The Vista is even bigger than the Breeze, so this time, we've chosen a cove balcony cabin that's in the Aft section, but beyond the galley. On a related note, the Forward and Mid ship elevators are typically busier than the Aft elevators. So, if you're going up to the Lido, the Aft elevators are much quicker.;)

We try to take stairs as much as possible, but that IS something on the Breeze that we didn't realize ahead of time.... Coves are WAY far from Lido! We elevated much more than any other cruise on the Breeze!

I have 2301 for next Jan, and I have had people tell me that there are no lifeboats overhead that cabin.

The cove balcony cabin that we had on the Breeze didn't have a life boat directly overhead, but it didn't make much difference. Since the cove balconies are recessed, they don't get much direct sunlight anyhow. It would be extremely awkward to do, but if you could figure out a way to sit with your legs over the rail, you could probably get some sun on your legs from the knees down to your feet. :D I consider it a trade-off. No direct sunlight, but definitely more privacy than on a regular balcony, and much closer to the ocean. Great place to watch for flying fish and dolphins. ;)

Watching pier runners are my favorite!

Edited by Cruznjuly