NCL Trip Insurance or Someone Else?

mal&jason

So I am reading some threads about health insurance and am worried now that something might happen to our Med trip in September or one of us traveling! My question is: would you go with NCL trip insurance or someone else? If you go with NCL, do you have to pay at the time of service or is it automatically taken care of? If I already paid in full can I still get insurance through NCL?

Thanks!

Mallory

When I go onto insuremytrip.com and I enter the required information, it gives me several options to choose from. Which are good choices?

Thanks!

I make sure that medevac coverage is at least $100k and that other coverages are enough to cover potential losses. Generally I will use the compare feature (after sorting policies by price) to compare several policies until I find one that meets my needs (i.e. I will choose a policy that waives pre-existing conditions over one that doesn't). The guideline that I've read says insurance should cost no more than 10% of your trip cost.

When I go onto insuremytrip.com and I enter the required information, it gives me several options to choose from. Which are good choices?

Thanks!

You have to decide what is important to you. Are you worried about the cost of the trip or mostly with health issues? If health issues then beef up the medical and evacuation coverage.

I've always found it easiest and most economical to call insuremytrip on the phone and get their input as to which policy is most suited for my vacation. Usually they wind up selling me a policy that is a lot less than the one I thought I would need.