Visas needed on Asia cruise?

susan0000

We are taking the Norwegian star from Singapore to ko samui, Thailand, Bangkok (leam chabang) Thailand, Ho Chi Ming city ( phumy) Vietnam, Nha Trang, vietnam, Santa, China and disembarking in Hong Kong. I have yet to get a straight answer as to which ports I need a visa and if we need to get them ourselves or not. No one seems to know. I think they want us to use a company that charges to get them for us. But in the past when we went to Russia and also Turkey they just did it on the boat before we left or on the Pier and gave us a one day visa no charge? Any one know? Do we need to get them ourselves? I don't want to pay for a 30 day one if I don't have to? Thanks for any help![emoji3]

We are taking the Norwegian star from Singapore to ko samui, Thailand, Bangkok (leam chabang) Thailand, Ho Chi Ming city ( phumy) Vietnam, Nha Trang, vietnam, Santa, China and disembarking in Hong Kong. I have yet to get a straight answer as to which ports I need a visa and if we need to get them ourselves or not. No one seems to know. I think they want us to use a company that charges to get them for us. But in the past when we went to Russia and also Turkey they just did it on the boat before we left or on the Pier and gave us a one day visa no charge? Any one know? Do we need to get them ourselves? I don't want to pay for a 30 day one if I don't have to? Thanks for any help![emoji3]

You will not need to pre-arrange any visas. The information you need is at http://www.visacentral.com/ncl. NCL will arrange visas where needed; none is needed for Sanya, China. We are doing this cruise as well:):).

Heather

Hi Susan. We are having the same problem. Going on the cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore on the 22nd Dec. I have contacted NCL twice and they inform me that we must get our own visas for vietnam and Cambodia. I have asked them to double check this as seems rather odd as aware most cruise lines do this on the ship and charge your cabin for the fees, but NCL are adamant that we are need to get our own. Our travel agent also says this although there only going by what ncl says. I still think it's incorrect and won't be happy if we arrange our own and possibly pay more then they do it on the ship. Unsure what to do, may leave it till very near the time and ask again!! Please let me know if you have any joy ! Thanks

If you are doing a ship excursion. They will arrange the one day visa for you and put the fee on you ship card. If you are doing private you will have to arrange yourself.

We are doing the same sailing the other way.

Visas are cheaper direct through the embassy rather then using a service. Download the application and send in with your passport and they will return with your visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

After the ruling (notice 5) that British do not need visas has been extended but still unclear whether this includes on a cruise ship, I have now contacted the embassy and they have confirmed that for the itinary we are on, we do not need visas. Thanks