Long review of our first Celebrity cruise - just back!

PrincessPete

LMAO....this has to be one of the most ludicrous statements EVER on CC, "worldly" you are? "style conscious"???? I would put my "worldliness" against 98% of the US population and "style" has nothing to do with a dress code, I have seen some of the most ridiculous "tuxes" on cruise lines formal night that were about as far from stylish as anything, ill fitting, rented and wanna be formal just isn't stylish.....on the other hand smart casual is some of the most "stylish" clothing sold these days, not all but a lot...it really comes down to the person......some can look like a buffoon in a tux, same for smart casual....it all really doesn't matter to me but I do love to laugh at you "style warriors" .....I am HAPPY to report though since you have not done the chic night yet that you will not be happy as you wont find more than 5 to 10% dressed formally, even on your "worldly pax" 14 day carrib cruise!:D Our last 2 X cruises actually had about twice as many jeans wearers as even suit wearers much less tuxes....yet I still managed to suffer though dinner somehow with those dreaded jeans all around, my "Dockers" were aghast having to share the MDR with those lowly jeans but together we managed to put down dinner, a few glasses of vino, an aperitif or 2 and a cappuccino with dessert.....OH THE HORROR!

Can't seem to spell "Carrib" correctly? We've never worn a tux on Celebrity, just a suit, so "can" it with the "formal" dress routine,ok? It's pax who feel that swim trunks & t shirts are ok for the dining room at night, that's where I draw the line.Collared shirt & khakis is fine for smart casual. Throw on a blazer & you have "Chic" night.Sorry, guy, but I find the pax on the Eclipse more "worldly" than most. True, most US population isn't too worldly. I just watch the pax on Carnival/NCL "You Tube" videos & it shows.

Can't seem to spell "Carrib" correctly? We've never worn a tux on Celebrity, just a suit, so "can" it with the "formal" dress routine,ok? It's pax who feel that swim trunks & t shirts are ok for the dining room at night, that's where I draw the line.Collared shirt & khakis is fine for smart casual. Throw on a blazer & you have "Chic" night.Sorry, guy, but I find the pax on the Eclipse more "worldly" than most. True, most US population isn't too worldly. I just watch the pax on Carnival/NCL "You Tube" videos & it shows.

Sorry "guy", nothing chic about your $49 blazer......be it tuxes, suits or blazers they aren't required nor are they worn much during chic night, sorry to rain on your stylish parade but your play formal dress up night is a thing of the past!:D

Sorry "guy", nothing chic about your $49 blazer......be it tuxes, suits or blazers they aren't required nor are they worn much during chic night, sorry to rain on your stylish parade but your play formal dress up night is a thing of the past!:D

I think the $49 coats are in your closet, guy,not mine!

I have just remembered why I usually avoid any threads that mention dress code....

The fact remains that Celebrity has given guests the freedom to choose what to wear....previously it didn't but that did not mean everyone used to abide.

The important thing is we can choose to dress up or down as we wish...

I think the $49 coats are in your closet, guy,not mine!

I think you're giving him too much credit on his wardrobe. I don't care if the Sheriff wants to wear his brown and tans with his utility belt and matching black shoes, you wear your tux, suit, or blazer and I'll be there with you lookin' good. I dress up to compliment my gorgeous bride and I do feel good in formal wear. $49 bucks might buy a sleeve on one of my dress/formal shirts.

Edited by blizzardboy

I think you're giving him too much credit on his wardrobe. I don't care if the Sheriff wants to wear his brown and tans with his utility belt and matching black shoes, you wear your tux, suit, or blazer and I'll be there with you lookin' good. I dress up to compliment my gorgeous bride and I do feel good in formal wear. $49 bucks might buy a sleeve on one of my dress/formal shirts.

Thanks for the compliment. I don't wear tuxes except on Cunard. Other than that I follow the nights code on Celebrity. The "Sheriff" seems to have some issues. I never named him in my post, but he chose to "go" after me. I'll just respond in kind to him. If one dishes, one better be able to take it! We'll be on the Eclipse for the Jan.22 cruise. Hope to see you there.