Pointless email about check-in times.

Sabalon

I don't understand jumping on people when they post things like the OP posted. They clearly said it was a "MINOR" rant. I agree with the OP... I work for a small, 80 employee company. It's pretty easy to tailor letters to peoples specific situation. I'm a clerk and I know how to filter data!

It wouldn't be hard to tell those that didn't pick a time that they need to, and what happens if they don't. Remind those that did choose a time, what time they chose. Tell FTTF, Plat, Diamonds what their benefits are, and remind them of their benefits/perks. Final payment notices can say if payment was made or not, and whether or not all check-in information was completed, etc...

Those types of messages would be so much more powerful then the generic emails that they currently send. I book for us and my parents and I've had to go check on both bookings each time I've rec'd those letters. Not the end world, but a pain. This is a forum to share ideas, experiences, etc... That's what the OP did. Personally, I've learned a lot from posts like this. Because I hear it happens to others, when I've rec'd those letters, I check my booking and delete the email. If I didn't read that on here, I would most likely spend more time calling Carnival just to confirm something wasn't wrong with my booking. Think about it, with the ease of todays technology, who else sends out generic emails/letters like this to their customers about a specific purchase.

So, let's see.... people complain when they don't get notification and people complain when they do.

Of course, we have someone to blame regardless and a forum to express the displeasure.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm surprised they make any effort at all.

This, of course, will be fodder for the vultures to pick apart. Have at it!

It's 2016, we have computers and databases. Do you not understand how easy it is to mail merge based on specific criteria?

This is more to do with staff incompetence and poor investment in IT.

There's no reason for cruise lines to improve their services when there's so many deluded apologists willing to pay for less and less in their never ending quest to earn more loyalty points.

It's 2016, we have computers and databases. Do you not understand how easy it is to mail merge based on specific criteria?

There's no reason for cruise lines to improve their services when there's so many deluded apologists willing to pay for less and less in their never ending quest to earn more loyalty points.

Wow, one sided view or what. Maybe, just maybe you might have a slightly biased view. Happy cruising.

Agreed. Their IT solutions leave much to be desired. And social media has done nothing more than exhibit their staff incompetence. The apologists are just funny if not to watch their spin. I remember one attacking me recently cause he hadn't heard that the mini bars were now going to be emptied, and attempted to discredit me, till he realized he was wrong. It was then suggested that we "move on."

We recently had an "encounter" with a cross section of our customers, and asked for feedback. Number 1 was less emails.

Not sure that I'm biased when all I did was lay out the facts.

Do you not like your precious cruise liner being criticised?

I think your second comment says it all (esp on who is biased) I might have other facts but I can see your mind is made up. Just a thought, maybe I am sailing with people who this matters for(not so much for me)and I need to know about it. Maybe it's better that have more information than less. Maybe it's not ignorance or being incompetent on their part and is instead a thoughtful decision.....but no, you must be right because you laid out the facts.

Edited by jimbo5544

Even if someone had already chosen a check in time, to reiterate the fact that times will be enforced at the port in my opinion isn't a bad thing. I have read multiple posts in other forums with people not completely understanding unless a person is a priority boarder or has FTTF they will not be let in before their time.

(Sung to the harmony of the theme song from the movie Frozen)

LET IT GO, LET IT GO, AND SIMPLY PRESS THE DELETE BUTTON AND GET RID OF THE EMAIL....LET IT GO, LET IT GO....[emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

I think your second comment says it all (esp on who is biased) I might have other facts but I can see your mind is made up. Just a thought, maybe I am sailing with people who this matters for(not so much for me)and I need to know about it. Maybe it's better that have more information than less. Maybe it's not ignorance or being incompetent on their part and is instead a thoughtful decision.....but no, you must be right because you laid out the facts.

So you have other facts but you're keeping them to yourself? Right, Jimbo. We all believe you!

So you have other facts but you're keeping them to yourself? Right, Jimbo. We all believe you!

No I am just a deluded apologist that is willing to pay more and for less including incompetent IT.....

Curious, are you an IT guy for a profession?

Agreed. Their IT solutions leave much to be desired. And social media has done nothing more than exhibit their staff incompetence. The apologists are just funny if not to watch their spin. I remember one attacking me recently cause he hadn't heard that the mini bars were now going to be emptied, and attempted to discredit me, till he realized he was wrong. It was then suggested that we "move on."

We recently had an "encounter" with a cross section of our customers, and asked for feedback. Number 1 was less emails.

What encounter would that be? Are you an IT expert?

Op here. All good. One last message as we prepare to dump the harbor pilot and head out to the water. Ciao.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Enjoy your cruise & I understood your frustration, especially when you were trying to settle everything at work so you could go on your cruise. Just a minor rant!

What do mini bars have to do with emails?