Hotel Help/Advice

PatchesJ72

We are flying into Orlando and driving to Fort Lauderdale for our upcoming cruises. We booked Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, Fort Lauderdale on the advice of a friend, but after looking at reviews on a certain travel site, we are now a little worried. If anyone has had experience with this hotel, we'd appreciate the feedback...and if it's as bad as the reviews, does anyone have another suggestion for a reasonably priced hotel in the area ($100 range).

Thanks,

We are flying into Orlando and driving to Fort Lauderdale for our upcoming cruises. We booked Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, Fort Lauderdale on the advice of a friend, but after looking at reviews on a certain travel site, we are now a little worried. If anyone has had experience with this hotel, we'd appreciate the feedback...and if it's as bad as the reviews, does anyone have another suggestion for a reasonably priced hotel in the area ($100 range).

Thanks,

What is your date of stay needed? No reason to stay near the airport...many hotels to choose from...Like Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn, Hyatt Place etc etc.

I probably should have mentioned that in the beginning. We are flying into Orlando on Sept. 16th and driving to Fort Lauderdale as we are sailing on the Conquest on Sept. 17th.

Thanks,

Hyatt Place is $99.00 per night for your Sept 2016 dates...a great rate, location and a very popular property for pre-cruise..try http://www.valuetrips.com

Edited by Ashland

I probably should have mentioned that in the beginning. We are flying into Orlando on Sept. 16th and driving to Fort Lauderdale as we are sailing on the Conquest on Sept. 17th.

Thanks,

So are you returning the car at fll the day you arrive? So that's what I'd do. Then take the free Hyatt Place shuttle to the hotel. In the morning cab it for maybe $12 to the ship.

As mentioned Hyatt place booked on value trips is a great choice. Everything walkable including restaurants and stores for last minute purchases.

No need to stay out at the airport.

Edited by eandj

THIS^^^^

Do not pass go, book this. Excellent location and hotel.

Hey BlueHerons, why is there not a lot of talk about the Bahia Mar Doubletree? How would you rate it living in the area. Seems to have decent reviews on TA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampton Inn Cruise and Airport is $102 per night, has a lovely pool, good restaurant on premises and will pick you up at the airport and bring you to the cruise port free of charge.

Embassy Suites a little more at $125ish, but they include a cooked to order kick ass b-fast!!

Days Inn is not what it used to be. :eek:

Hey BlueHerons, why is there not a lot of talk about the Bahia Mar Doubletree? How would you rate it living in the area. Seems to have decent reviews on TA

We've stayed here several times. Moderate hotel, usually best rates for a beach hotel. Great location for walking,water taxi,trolley,restaurants etc.

Some cruisers want the busy 17th Street hotels. Not us. We prefer beach views and walks.

Edited by eandj

Excellent price for the Embassy suites with its perks.

Although an older hotel, it is still nice.

Staying there for our 4th. time this summer.

Oh.

You got an excellent price.

The DH booked last year and we are paying a lot more and locked into our reservation.

I do not want to say how much more....................but, this is a great price.

Safe travels

We've stayed here several times. Moderate hotel, usually best rates for a beach hotel. Great location for walking,water taxi,trolley,restaurants etc.

Some cruisers want the busy 17th Street hotels. Not us. We prefer beach views and walks.

Awesome! That's what we booked as we are laid back as well and look for the same and the water taxi just seems really cool. Now to try and find where we will eat for the night [emoji1303]

Awesome! That's what we booked as we are laid back as well and look for the same and the water taxi just seems really cool. Now to try and find where we will eat for the night [emoji1303]

We always make a point on hanging at Bahia Cabana. It's a block away, sits directly on the marina. Indoor and outdoor eating. Note...VERY causal, popular with boaters. Think wooden picnic table type place. It always starts our time away from the cold winter perfectly. And I never pass their fresh fish "sandwich". yummy

There of course are other "nicer" places. We just like to head here after the long flight our first day. No need to get "dolled up" or break the bank. "Chill out" is our motto here.

http://www.bahiacabanaresort.com/restaurant-en.html

Edited by eandj

We always make a point on hanging at Bahia Cabana. It's a block away, sits directly on the marina. Indoor and outdoor eating. Note...VERY causal, popular with boaters. Think wooden picnic table type place. It always starts our time away from the cold winter perfectly.

There of course are other "nicer" places. We just like to head here after the long flight our first day. No need to get "dolled up" or break the bank. "Chill out" is our motto here.

"Chill out" ought to be everybody's motto! We always gravitate to places where "dressed up" means your shorts and shirt match!! :D

We always make a point on hanging at Bahia Cabana. It's a block away, sits directly on the marina. Indoor and outdoor eating. Note...VERY causal, popular with boaters. Think wooden picnic table type place. It always starts our time away from the cold winter perfectly. And I never pass their fresh fish "sandwich". yummy

Excellent. That's what we are looking for in laid back.

Great area! While I haven't stayed at the hotel, I wouldn't hesitate to. It is also the headquarters for the billion dollar boat show.

Bahia Cabana is very popular with locals and tourists alike, great food.

Great area! While I haven't stayed at the hotel, I wouldn't hesitate to. It is also the headquarters for the billion dollar boat show.

Bahia Cabana is very popular with locals and tourists alike, great food.

Thank you!