Cancelling my Escape and going back to Celebrity....

mystic51

It's unfortunate. I was looking at bumping up to the Haven on a possible upgrade but heard horror stories of the kids and Haven adults actually getting Vibe passes to escape the insanity so no thanks.

Same. I'm a person who would pay a premium for the experience, but if the price is going to include screaming children I may as well pay it on DCL where the concierge team is pretty much guaranteed to be fabulous.

The solarium area on Celebrity Eclipse was very nice, and didn't require an upcharge. Downside, as mentioned above, the entertainment was really bad.

Maybe cruises will eventually become so popular that an adults-only line will split off.

It's unfortunate. I was looking at bumping up to the Haven on a possible upgrade but heard horror stories of the kids and Haven adults actually getting Vibe passes to escape the insanity so no thanks.

Like MMMD, I had a few problems with children in the Haven (and elsewhere) on Breakaway, actually the problem was the parents or more precisely lack of parenting. Away class ships are definitely family oriented. There was also a family with the most well behaved children I have ever seen. I thought I would be okay as I booked after Labor Day, but I didn't realize a lot of Northern schools were still out. Certain times of year can be a problem on any mass market cruise line, not just NCL. You can run into the same problem on more premium lines if you don't pay attention to the itinerary and time of year, do your research.

Like MMMD, I had a few problems with children in the Haven (and elsewhere) on Breakaway, actually the problem was the parents or more precisely lack of parenting. Away class ships are definitely family oriented. There was also a family with the most well behaved children I have ever seen. I thought I would be okay as I booked after Labor Day, but I didn't realize a lot of Northern schools were still out. Certain times of year can be a problem on any mass market cruise line, not just NCL. You can run into the same problem on more premium lines if you don't pay attention to the itinerary and time of year, do your research.
There can be issues with Children on every cruise line. My worst experience was on Crystal. I just book at times when it is not the traditional family vacation times, don't book the mega ships and try to book longer cruises. On Celebrity and NCL, I've really not encountered the kind of issues that I had on Crystal. So, yes it happens on all cruise lines.

Lots of people complain on here, but the ships aren't sailing empty. Disney Cruise Line's prices are breath-taking, but the sailings are full. I recently saw someone on FB looking for friends to sail on a spring break Disney cruise - she posted the prices - $5,900 for an inside cabin (one adult, 2 kids).

Until the masses send a message to the cruise companies by not sailing, the lines will continue to increase their prices. Demand is high - passengers are booking cruises way out on the calendar, cabins are selling out. For every person who thinks the "nickel-and-diming" has gotten out of hand, there are two more people who don't care.