Why book a suite on RCI?

My family will be in this cabin next month!!!!! So excited!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Come back to CC and share about it! We have to wait until February! [emoji24]

I realise this thread may not resonate with most cruisers but there is nowhere else independent (of the Sea)where I can ask the question.

Well, my Indie of the Seas suite experience made me realize how much nicer NCLs are. See what you think.

The whole concept of the Haven on NCL, if you are going to spend the money is the way to go for me now.

Ive a Grand Suite next month upgraded from a Junior Suite for next to nothing due to price drop. Ive never sailed in a suite before. Its a 14 day sailing - me and my two teenage kids aged 19 and 17. We got the JS initially for the space and sofa bed as I didnt want a pullman and as its two weeks sailing, I think we would go stir crazy in a smaller room for that long.

Looking at the perks, Im really excited but *hopefully* I'll be able to go back to smaller rooms on shorter cruises afterwards. I have a balcony for my boyfriend and myself booked on the Harmony next May. I never travel in anything other than economy. Im of the thought that I would rather vacation 3-4 times a year than go " all out " on one holiday.

I have looked at the Haven class several times and the prices are substantially higher than the suites we have booked on Royal. So, we will wait until we can find a better deal. None of the perks I saw justified the higher prices for us. JMHO

Since the implementation of Royal Suite Class, the benefits of being in a suite have varied a lot by the specific category of suite and by ship. However, all ships offer reserved seating in the main theater and, where applicable, at the ice show and the aqua theater. Many ships also have suite-only sundecks and Concierge or Suite lounges. On the ships that offer Royal Suite class, suite guests can walk into any show without reservations, except at comedy clubs and they can dine at Coastal Kitchen. Guests in the top 10-12 suites are Star Class and get a host of additional benefits. However, it should be noted that the vast majority of suite benefits do nbot apply to Junior Suites. All that junior suites get are priority boarding and dinner (but not other meals) at Coastal Kitchen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have looked at the Haven class several times and the prices are substantially higher than the suites we have booked on Royal. So, we will wait until we can find a better deal. None of the perks I saw justified the higher prices for us. JMHO

We sailed NCL Getaway in Haven and found the private pool to be really wonderful. We were in 2br suite and loved our cabin.

We will be sailing first time in suite on Royal in January and looking forward to comparing the two.

I hope you will come back and let me know how they compare. I know Royal does not have the same kind of suite perks but the prices are usually quite a bit less. Make sure you check the website or ask for ideas of the suite perks they have changed some recently and I am not even sure of all of them at this point. We have an OS booked on Freedom in Jan '17.

I hope you will come back and let me know how they compare. I know Royal does not have the same kind of suite perks but the prices are usually quite a bit less. Make sure you check the website or ask for ideas of the suite perks they have changed some recently and I am not even sure of all of them at this point. We have an OS booked on Freedom in Jan '17.

RCI's new Royal Suite Program is for Quantum and Oasis Class ships. Details can be found here. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass?ecid=em_6536616&rid=569753692&emsc=RCIN_EM_CAS_NEWSOCT_15_EA_US_CS_PC&empf=Y&emct=PINNACLE%20CLUB&lnkid=Royal_copy_Content

As of today this program does not add anything for Suite Guests on other ships.

If people have the money, and want to spend it, why should that bother you? I don't book suites because I can't afford them, but I certainly don't hold it against those who can. It think it would be wonderful to have the extra space in the cabin, the reserved deck chairs, and to be able to order room service from the MDR menu. But, I can't complain! At least I get to cruise, which is something not everyone can say.

Doesn't bother me, it's their money. Spend 200%-1000% upcharge on the same week of vacation going to the same destinations. Doesn't affect my vacation in the slightest especially if they are confined to special lounges, seating sections, restaurants, and bars. Makes the cruise less crowded actually.

I mean, if RCCL can covert pairs of rooms to suites and get 4x the price out of them than they would otherwise that's a great thing. Keeps the price down. People are happy to pay their money and everyone keeps on sailing.

For my personal opinion, I value my money and I work hard for it. When I save $15,000 I'd rather have 10 years of cruises than 1 cruise and sitting on land for 9 years. Having an extra sofa in your room or skipping 30 mins of embarkation isn't worth skipping 9 years of vacations to me. It may very well be to others. That's the wonderful thing about America. The freedom to spend money how it benefits you.

You pay from 2-10x as much as a standard cabin. Your room is bigger and the line on and off the ship is shorter. Plus you get to eat in special areas where the unwashed masses are not allowed. And you get to sun in a special exclusive area.

And in exchange for paying an amount of money that would allow you to go on a B2B2B2B in a standard cabin they give you drinks for a few hours a day.

Someone is bitter. Suites are great. To each his own.

Edited by Moltar

Doesn't bother me, it's their money. Spend 200%-1000% upcharge on the same week of vacation going to the same destinations. Doesn't affect my vacation in the slightest especially if they are confined to special lounges, seating sections, restaurants, and bars. Makes the cruise less crowded actually.

I mean, if RCCL can covert pairs of rooms to suites and get 4x the price out of them than they would otherwise that's a great thing. Keeps the price down. People are happy to pay their money and everyone keeps on sailing.

For my personal opinion, I value my money and I work hard for it. When I save $15,000 I'd rather have 10 years of cruises than 1 cruise and sitting on land for 9 years. Having an extra sofa in your room or skipping 30 mins of embarkation isn't worth skipping 9 years of vacations to me. It may very well be to others. That's the wonderful thing about America. The freedom to spend money how it benefits you.

Actually from reading your posts, it really does seem like it bothers you. Also... you responses make no sense ( at least not rationally)

1. it's completely based on economics this is true of everything in life, not just cruises. a dollar to you might be the same as 100 to someone else. and you assume that if someone books a suite they wont have enough money to sail for 9 more years??? how can you possibly know that?

Lets start with cruises since thats the topic here

A I like suites, I like the level of service I get, I like the specialty restaurants ( such as the coastal kitchen) I like the things those rooms give me. Some people will only book an inside cabin ( saying they are never in their room) I prefer to relax in my room and for me.. Room type matters, I am ok with spending the money, and I sail 5 times per year.

Now on to the rest of the world.

1. a ford fiesta will get you from one side of town just as well as a Maserati, so why would anyone spend the 10 times the amount of money on a car if they could but 10 ford fiestas????? BECAUSE THEY CAN AND THEY WANT TO

2. any running shoes will get you from one side of the mall to the other. so why would anyone but 150.00 NIKE when they can buy $20.00 champion shoes? BECAUSE THEY CAN AND THEY WANT TO

3. any wine will get you drunk, so why would someone pay $500 FOR A BOTTLE OF WINE when they can get 2 buck chuck???? BECAUSE THEY CAN AND THEY WANT TO

this thread was about the op understanding the reasons why someone might book a suite. Not someone who is angry about their financial situation calling people foolish for doing so. Just let it go. Some people want to splurge, some people like suites, it's not for you to say what, how or if they enjoy it. You enjoy your inside rooms ( or whatever) I do not. I would rather NOT CRUISE AT ALL then have to be in an inside room. It's what I like, but clearly there are tons of inside rooms and many people like them. But there is no reason to be so angry at other peoples success and choices....

RCI's new Royal Suite Program is for Quantum and Oasis Class ships. Details can be found here. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass?ecid=em_6536616&rid=569753692&emsc=RCIN_EM_CAS_NEWSOCT_15_EA_US_CS_PC&empf=Y&emct=PINNACLE%20CLUB&lnkid=Royal_copy_Content

Yes, this new 'program' is very limited and I might think differently if they at least even made an attempt at ALL the other ships!! That's why I still keep reading this forum just waiting for some news-that probably will not come.:(

I'm in the category of can do limited vacations due to work and would rather splurge on the time I have.

I have found a new cruising home with NCL for the time being and have even gone back to planning land based AI resorts.

I have no desire to chase this loyalty ladder many do. The freestyle dining that NCL has mastered along with suite amenities is choice one.

As we are now closing in on 80 years of age, we will only sail in suites.

We now plan to sail 5 times a year on an Oasis Class ship. The reason is that we like the Crown Lofts on the 17th Deck. This along with the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen makes for an enjoyable cruise for the 2 of us.

Thanks for posting the link.I just cancelled my Voom and keep my premiun drink package.

I didn't know what Suites Class I belong until I talked to Royal Caribbean representative's.

I am now waiting for a refund of $118.17

Edited by iSailor

RCCL has decided to go "all in" for suite guests. Who has lost out? Diamond Plus members! Take Oasis for example. In the past the CL was limited to D+, P and suite guests. There were daily hot breakfasts and lunches, with wine and beer.

That has all been scrapped. The meals are gone. Indeed the CL is gone and D+ now have to contend with hordes of Diamonds taking up the limited seats.

Yes, RCCL now lavishes everything on suite guests at the expense of loyal D+!

As it should be. Read the C&A rules. Subject to change at any time. RCCL should cater to Suite guest FIRST. Many of those guest are also D and D+. Nobody is taking anything away from you.

As it should be. Read the C&A rules. Subject to change at any time. RCCL should cater to Suite guest FIRST. Many of those guest are also D and D+. Nobody is taking anything away from you.

Absolutely! I am a D+ suite passenger and when sailing on non-Oasis ships I've had the option to have complimentary drinks in the CL, DL & various bars with my drink vouchers. D+ don't seem to realize that on these ships, suite guests who are neither D or D+ ONLY have the option to drink in the CL. With the increasing number of D+ passengers enjoying the CL, finding a seat is becoming difficult as I have experienced on several cruises. Considering what (non D/D+) suite guests pay and can ONLY drink in the CL without a seat seems unfair. I am looking forward to finding on a seat in the SL on my upcoming Allure sailings.

We have a suite booked for next April. It is on LOS. This will be our first suite. We normally cruise in balcony cabins.

We are so excited to try it. My DH got sick last year and we weren't able to go on our cruise so we are combining our money from that cruise with this one. We booked really early and were able to get a good deal on a GS.

We will see what it is all about and may not ever get to go in a suite after this but we will enjoy it while we can. We are among the cruisers who enjoy staying in our cabin a good deal on our cruises since we are in our mid 60's.

It always makes me happy to see that people are able to go on many cruises and enjoy the most expensive cabins. I am happy for them. My DH & I feel very blessed that we are able to cruise at all. It is something that we never dreamed we would be able to do.

No matter which type of cabin you choose, just enjoy.

We have a suite booked for next April. It is on LOS. This will be our first suite. We normally cruise in balcony cabins.

We are so excited to try it. My DH got sick last year and we weren't able to go on our cruise so we are combining our money from that cruise with this one. We booked really early and were able to get a good deal on a GS.

We will see what it is all about and may not ever get to go in a suite after this but we will enjoy it while we can. We are among the cruisers who enjoy staying in our cabin a good deal on our cruises since we are in our mid 60's.

It always makes me happy to see that people are able to go on many cruises and enjoy the most expensive cabins. I am happy for them. My DH & I feel very blessed that we are able to cruise at all. It is something that we never dreamed we would be able to do.

Cruising is just to Relax and Enjoy.

Nor matter what cabin you are in.

Edited by iSailor

My first cruise was on an inside cabin, and I hated it. But that doesn't mean I believe people are wrong to book an inside. Its by taste. I went to a balcony and I loved it, I tried a Junior Suite and I loved it more. I have 2 cruises on JS and I got a great deal b/c I booked as soon as the dates I wanted came out. Now I booked a Grand Suite for a phenomenal price.

My youngest graduated from college December 2015 and has been employed full time for 2 months making good money. It's time hubby and I enjoy life and we love cruising.

Carol,

I am on the April 2nd LOS sailing. By chance are you on that same one?