Rave: Exec. Chef: Edward Gomes (Solstice) - You Rocked the Grand Epernay -SurfnTurf

need2cruisesoon

Did you ever take a cruise and realize how great is was, that all the were boxes checked?

Let me tell you that on our 6/3 Solstice cruise that all meals in the MDR were fantastic, not even a hick up just a well oiled machine professionally run by the man himself Executive Chef Edward Gomes. Meals on time, served hot with all the trimmings. Servers that knew all the courses and could professionally recommend the good eats for the evening.

I could swear that there were times that I thought the food for dinner was prepared in a small 5 star restaurant somewhere in the south of France not in a huge kitchen were thousands of meals are prepared.

Here is the man himself:

Rave.jpeg

The beautiful plaque outside his office signaling a man that knows great food!

45d55440-afbe-4618-86b1-ba9ec6355041.jpg

Here is that big MDR called Grand Epernay (Solstice):

DSC02042%201.jpg

And of course...Command Central:

(Professionals who love to cook and show pride in the appearance of their kitchen - 100 score from the US Health Dept. on the recent inspection on our cruise, good job guys).

DSC02078.jpg

DSC02071.jpg

Ok don't want to ramble too much as won't be able to focus with my ADD.

But let me take you through just one meal which was the second Chic evening onboard the 6/3 sailing from Seattle.

Very simple here:

Menu:

DSC02421.jpg

Awesomeness:

DSC02427_1.jpg

Wow your probably very hungry by now....what a meal. Tails delicate and sweet, beef wellington done medium.

Desert:

And the Piece de Resistance WoW

desert.jpeg

DSC02434_1.jpg

Im thinking its time for another Solstice cruise....

Im thinking its time for another Solstice cruise....

I will start by saying we have never had a bad Celebrity cruise on any ship but there was something very special about our two on the Solstice....

You just somehow felt that every member of staff was willing to go above and beyond. I am sure good management and team spirit are central to it.

Our last cruise was so good we came off almost worrying that we could never have another cruise so good!

No Solstice cruise booked at the moment...if I keep reading your review I might just have to look at itineraries again....