I Love First Timers!!

babs135

Maybe it's just me but when I read posts from people about to embark on their first ever voyage aboard a Cunard ship I find myself smiling as I anticipate that moment they step onboard. The first tour of the ship, the first meal, the first enrichment lecture, etc, etc.

I love the reaction I get when I tell people we are sailing on the QM2; the look of 'Wow' gets me every time. DH would say that 'small things amuse small minds' but not in this case :D

So to all you First Timers, savour every minute, enjoy every moment and be prepared to be hooked. Because I know I am :D:D

As 'new' to Cunard, I have posted several questions which have always received informative and courteous answers.

We are not new to cruising, but listed as 'new to Cunard' bu in fact our first cruise was on QE2 in 1991, a 2 day cruise which was a competition prize! Frankly, can't remember much about it, but we did get a window seat for 2 on the 2nd night, one of my favorite photo's. We have had 38 cruises since, but none with Cunard!

For a treat in May we booked a P2 guarantee, supposedly the last one, and are currently awaiting a stateroom. Bit surprised when I checked my l VP last night and there are now three P2's available, but I have not been assigned one yet. To my simple mind I would have expected to be allocated one of those, perhaps some experienced Cunarders would comment!

Maybe it's just me but when I read posts from people about to embark on their first ever voyage aboard a Cunard ship I find myself smiling as I anticipate that moment they step onboard. The first tour of the ship, the first meal, the first enrichment lecture, etc, etc.

I love the reaction I get when I tell people we are sailing on the QM2; the look of 'Wow' gets me every time. DH would say that 'small things amuse small minds' but not in this case :D

So to all you First Timers, savour every minute, enjoy every moment and be prepared to be hooked. Because I know I am :D:D

I made a reservation this week for the QM2 cruise Cape Town to Sydney 29 nights from January 27th to celebrate my wife's birthday on the 31st. My difficulty is that I am trying to keep it a secret from her, but having been reading the Cunard boards, watching videos and reading reports of the remastered ship, I am bursting with excitement. The elegance will be something completely different from the ships we've been on before.

Between now and then we have a TA on Brilliance of the Seas - I'm trying to keep it quiet until then.

I made a reservation this week for the QM2 cruise Cape Town to Sydney 29 nights from January 27th to celebrate my wife's birthday on the 31st. My difficulty is that I am trying to keep it a secret from her, but having been reading the Cunard boards, watching videos and reading reports of the remastered ship, I am bursting with excitement. The elegance will be something completely different from the ships we've been on before.

Between now and then we have a TA on Brilliance of the Seas - I'm trying to keep it quiet until then.

What a wonderful husband you are! Best of luck keeping your secret and wishing you both a wonderful voyage when it finally arrives.

For what it is worth, Adam, I was told by a TA that the inventory shown online is not in real time. She said that people call looking to book a specific stateroom and it is not actually there when she gets into her system.

Thanks babs135, so excited for my first Cunard voyage August 2 on Queen Elizabeth. It's been wonderful reading everyone's enthusiastic posts about the Queens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app