Where do you inform Carnival of a celebration of something for your cruise?

They know your birthday so you don't need to do anything for that. As far as anniversary I think there might be a spot somewhere under online check in or profile. I can't remember if that is Carnival or Celebrity. I suppose you could call your PVP and let them know as well.

Ok, this is what you do. On the Carnival website go into your Cruise Manager, then select the tab of the cruise in question (if you have more than one booked). Click on Cruise Detail. Click on the tab that says "My Guests". Here you will find all the names associated with the booking. Under the email of each guest there is a "Modify" link. Click on this link and you will see that person's information, along with sections on "Medical Advisories" and "Special Occasions". Under "Special Occasions" you can select "Anniversary", "Birthday", or "Honeymoon".

Hope this helps.

Edited by Jamman54

Thanks. I booked one on line with a cheap cruise line and it doesn't have the modify area but on 2 others I booked with Carnival it does. Guess I'll have to call the cheap place.

When booking with a TA you can only change a very limited variety of things. Seemingly the Anniversary tab is one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok, this is what you do. On the Carnival website go into your Cruise Manager, then select the tab of the cruise in question (if you have more than one booked). Click on Cruise Detail. Click on the tab that says "My Guests". Here you will find all the names associated with the booking. Under the email of each guest there is a "Modify" link. Click on this link and you will see that person's information, along with sections on "Medical Advisories" and "Special Occasions". Under "Special Occasions" you can select "Anniversary", "Birthday", or "Honeymoon".

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I didn't do anything special. My husbands birthday was June 3, we sailed June 5 and on June 7 he received 2 gifts , a 50 spa certificate and free bottle of wine certificate. We booked directly online so I never talked to anyone.

So, basically anyone can click on this to celelbrate an occasion,even if it is not during their cruise... does that mean than me and person i am cruising with can celebrate our july and october birthdays on this cruise?? It is actually a celebration of her second cruise... last one being when she was 10... :p

So, basically anyone can click on this to celelbrate an occasion,even if it is not during their cruise... does that mean than me and person i am cruising with can celebrate our july and october birthdays on this cruise?? It is actually a celebration of her second cruise... last one being when she was 10... :p

i don't think you even have to ask if it is close to your birthday.... but a wedding anniversary would be something you have to add as this is not in your profile :)

Speaking of birthdays... do they still bring you a cake at dinner... is it automatic, or do you have to ask?

No cake unless you buy it. They bring another dessert from that night's menu with a candle in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be thinking of Celebrity then. Is there a spot under your online profile to put your anniversary date?

Carnival has a spot on the online check it. I just filled out mine and if you say you are celebrating an anniversary, a box will pop up and you fill in the date.

Carnival has a spot on the online check it. I just filled out mine and if you say you are celebrating an anniversary, a box will pop up and you fill in the date.

Thanks! I thought I saw that on one of my previous Carnival cruises but I wasn't sure. I'll have to check it out next time I do an online check in :)

Hope this helps.

I know the area your talking about. When I click on cruise details, it reverts back to the same page Iam on in My Cruise Manager. I 'm not sure if they changed something or its a glitch.

My husband ordered me a birthday cake before we left and it was delivered by room service. Not sure how much it was but it was yummy! They also gave me a $50 spa gift certificate and a free picture. I didn't notice the gift certificate expired like 48 hours after I received it and we had shore excursions planned and they wouldn't let me use it the day after it expired which was a day at sea. I was kinda disappointed but my bday had been fun anyway. Waiters brought a slice of cake with a candle and sang Happy Birthday.

If you are booked through a Travel Agent, there is NO modify botton on the screen.

The TA needs to input any celebration info.

Thanks for the clarification. Since I don't use a TA so I didn't know that.

JAMMAN54 thanks for the info...I did go in and modify my November cruise since it is for my birthday! :)

Your welcome and congrats!

Edited by Jamman54

I hate to be pessimistic, but if Carnival has actually started giving something of value (i saw a post about wine coupons?) then let's just say there is going to be a lot more singing in the dining room :D