Just off Grandeur 9-day Canada/NE - any ?s

We did this sailing as well. I remember there was the new Star Wars, Gods of Egypt, In the Heart of the Sea (I think, the Moby Dick movie), Ride Along 2, 5th Wave, Jurrasic World, the Benghazzi movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The weather for Boston, Portland and Bar Harbor was awesome. Could not ask for better. St. John's and Halifax were cool, damp and very foggy, as well as the sea day after Halifax.

Going on 8/4' date=' what excursions did you take,comments on them, or what did you do in the ports?[/quote']

We did a non-ship tour in Bar Harbor. It was a narrated trolley tour of Acadia National Park. The company was Oli's Trolley and was very affordable and nicely done. I would recommend it.

In Portland my DS and I did the traditional lobster bake. It was a 30-40 minute ride on their narrow gauge rail road and then a delicious outdoor lobster lunch. They served mussels, bread, cole slaw, potato salad, a giant Maine lobster, corn on the cob, and the best blueberry pie ice ever had. No way that stuff came out of a can!

In St. John, we did a hop on/hop off double decker bus tour. It was so-so. The whole port was "meh". Neat to see the reversing rapids even if your view to the other side of the river was a pulp mill.

The weather for Boston, Portland and Bar Harbor was awesome. Could not ask for better. St. John's and Halifax were cool, damp and very foggy, as well as the sea day after Halifax.

Agreed. Most time the ship was moving the fog horn sounded every 3 minutes.

Do you need a passport if you are a U.S. citizen?

No, as long as the cruise starts and ends in the same US port, you can cruise with a certified copy of your birth certificate and a government issued photo ID.

I looked up Ollie's Trolley as you recommended. Do you think we can make a 10:00 tour? Did you book online or call them to book?

Thank you for your help!

That's the time of the tour that we took. We took an early tender and had no issues at all with timing. We booked online, which was convenient. There is a little gift shop where you check in once you are there and then a 1 block walk to the trolley itself -- couldn't have been easier!

I will be on the Sept. 15 NE/Canada cruise. Do you have access of any of the compasses or menus? When were the formal nights? Did you take any of the trolley excursions in Boston or eat dinner anywhere? Do the Canadian ports accept US currency? I may have a few more questions when I think of them.

We did a non-ship tour in Bar Harbor. It was a narrated trolley tour of Acadia National Park. The company was Oli's Trolley and was very affordable and nicely done. I would recommend it.

In Portland my DS and I did the traditional lobster bake. It was a 30-40 minute ride on their narrow gauge rail road and then a delicious outdoor lobster lunch. They served mussels, bread, cole slaw, potato salad, a giant Maine lobster, corn on the cob, and the best blueberry pie ice ever had. No way that stuff came out of a can!

In St. John, we did a hop on/hop off double decker bus tour. It was so-so. The whole port was "meh". Neat to see the reversing rapids even if your view to the other side of the river was a pulp mill.

The blueberries were probably a Maine wild blueberry (low bush) --- they are a smaller and more flavorful blueberry --- my MIL made the best blueberry pie (with cream cheese on the bottom crust) and a wonderful blueberry sauce on cake ... nothing better than a Maine blueberry!!! Jan

I will be on the Sept. 15 NE/Canada cruise. Do you have access of any of the compasses or menus? When were the formal nights? Did you take any of the trolley excursions in Boston or eat dinner anywhere? Do the Canadian ports accept US currency? I may have a few more questions when I think of them.

I live in Halifax, just about any where you go they will accept $USD but watch the exchange rate some places will try to take advantage.

We were considering this tour. My DS loves trains, but not the meal that comes with the tour. Is the train in walking distance to the pier? Do you think the train could be easily done without the excursion?