Just off Grandeur 9-day Canada/NE - any ?s

I will be on the Sept. 15 NE/Canada cruise. Do you have access of any of the compasses or menus? When were the formal nights? Did you take any of the trolley excursions in Boston or eat dinner anywhere? Do the Canadian ports accept US currency? I may have a few more questions when I think of them.

I see you are new to CC. Have you signed up for the Roll Call? And the Meet and Mingle? Will be on the same cruise with you.

I looked up Ollie's Trolley as you recommended. Do you think we can make a 10:00 tour? Did you book online or call them to book?

Thank you for your help!

We were also on this curse - we took the 10 a.m. Oli's Trolley tour and it was great. They told us it was sold out, so if you're thinking about taking it I'd go ahead and get my tickets. Get them to drop you off in town to shop - it's a nice walk back to the ship.

We were also on this curse - we took the 10 a.m. Oli's Trolley tour and it was great. They told us it was sold out, so if you're thinking about taking it I'd go ahead and get my tickets. Get them to drop you off in town to shop - it's a nice walk back to the ship.

That's the one we were on too. My kids were the ones that got to sit up from with Jim! :D

Which company did you pick for the lobster bake at Portland? Their lunch menu is so attractive. Thanks.

The one we did was a ship sponsored excursion (train ride then lobster bake). The caterer was The Maine Lobster Bake Company.

We were considering this tour. My DS loves trains, but not the meal that comes with the tour. Is the train in walking distance to the pier? Do you think the train could be easily done without the excursion?

Yes, you can do the train ride by itself, but I don't think there was a ship sponsored excursion of just that. You can find out more at the visitors building just off the pier.

Something to keep in mind, if your DS is the only one who wouldn't like the meal, they will serve him chicken instead of lobster. Though, I'm not sure if it's worth paying the same price for that. You'll have to decide that for yourself!

We are looking into trying the Gradeur out of Baltimore later this year, how was the food in dining room, buffet, and solarium, also was there Zumba, and any nightlife? As you said to ask questions.

A tip if you get off in Boston.

. We are from outside of Boston, please try the north end, Hanover st has a really inexpensive place called Galeria Umbertos, cash only, good food and cheap. Also Boston inner harbor island tours, Harpoon brewery beer hall, IFC museum, alls a short ride from cruise port.

We are looking into trying the Gradeur out of Baltimore later this year, how was the food in dining room, buffet, and solarium, also was there Zumba, and any nightlife? As you said to ask questions.

We found the food to be great throughout the ship. Had fantastic meals at Chops and Giovanni's. All breakfasts/lunches were in the Windjammer and while the selection is more limited than on larger ships, we found it very enjoyable. We used Park Café for mid-afternoon snacks (the Cuban sandwich and roast beef were both very tasty!).

With 3 kids, there is no 'nightlife' for us! I also can't comment on the availability of Zumba classes . . . sorry!

We are fairly new to cruising. This will be our third cruise. Our first was to Alaska and we loved being so close to the coast most of the cruise. There was always something to see: beautiful mountains, a fishing boat, a whale, etc. Will this be similar when we are traveling from Boston to Halifax or will we only be able to see open water until we approach our ports? Just curious.

We are going October 13th week. Wondering if there is the new Coca-Cola machines where you can get your own drinks (with bev, pkg,) or do you have to go to bars.

Grandeur has the Coke Freestyle machines.

We are going October 13th week. Wondering if there is the new Coca-Cola machines where you can get your own drinks (with bev, pkg,) or do you have to go to bars.

I'm going on this one too. :)

Have you joined the roll call?

Okay, this is a weird question but.... :rolleyes: we are going on Grandeur in a few weeks!!! :D Have an inside cabin and it will be dark with no way of knowing what time of day or night it is while sleeping. Can we bring an electric clock (plug into outlet, no batteries) to use? So we know what time it is, 12 noon or 12 midnight... :o As I recall the cabins don't have clocks in them. Thanks in advance...

Okay, this is a weird question but.... :rolleyes: we are going on Grandeur in a few weeks!!! :D Have an inside cabin and it will be dark with no way of knowing what time of day or night it is while sleeping. Can we bring an electric clock (plug into outlet, no batteries) to use? So we know what time it is, 12 noon or 12 midnight... :o As I recall the cabins don't have clocks in them. Thanks in advance...

If the clock is an older type with an electric motor, it won't keep the right time on the ship because the ship's generators don't produce the frequency the clock needs for accurate time.

I'd either bring a battery operated clock, use your cell phone (set to manual timekeeping), or the TV channel with the ship's info.