How to tell where a ship will be docked

caggfamily

I'm confused -- if you are asking about docking, the dock is a ways out of town. There will be a shuttle to the town, or I think some people walk but it's a long way. If you are tendering, then the tender boat will drop you right in town.

I'm on the July 16th Equinox, now sailing out of Athens. I'm trying to plan a beach day in Mykonos but I'm wondering how to determine exactly where the ship will be tendered.

Mykonos has one berth on the outskirts of town. Since you are the only ship in port, you will be berthed there and not tender.

Toms' Port guide (link attached) on page 2 shows where the dock is in relation to the downtown area. It's really not walkable as there are no sidewalks and would be dangerous to walk, so they have a bus to/from the ship. Taxis are reasonable, so I would plan taking the bus into town then taxi to the beach.

http://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/mykonos-08-01-2011.pdf

Dock is in Pireaus which is a 2:45 ferry ride to Mykonos.

But I think that the original poster was commenting to the fact that the 16 July cruise is now originating in Athens [rather than Istanbul; several sailings that were to originate or end in Istanbul were changed to Athens during the past few days] and that the cruise now includes an intermediate stop in Mykonos where they would like to spend a beach day [with no ferry from Athens/Piraeus needed; they will either dock or tender at Mykonos]...

My 7 September cruise on Equinox was to have originated in Istanbul [now Athens], continues to have an originally scheduled intermediate port call at Mykonos, and--instead or returning to Athens for our originally scheduled intermediate port call there on 11 September--will now be spending the day at Chania, Crete...

For the 16 July cruise, I suspect that Mykonos is the substiitute port [Crete, in my case] now that the sailing is originating in Athens rather than Istanbul.

Edited by Xport

Sorry my post was unclear. We are now sailing from Athens but our day/time in Mykonos is the same as it would have been had we originated in Istanbul. My question arose from another board where I asked about good beaches in Mykonos for families with teens, and the poster said it depended on where we docked in Mykonos. My cruise documents indicate T for tender but no other information which is what prompted me to pose the question here. Thanks.