Eurodam Suites

potterp

We are considering a cruise on the Eurodam next March and looking at the Neptune suites. We have never had a suite before on HAL so are hoping someone would know the difference between SA, SB and SC.

Is it just the location or are the cabins actually a different size? The HAL website shows something like 509-560 square feet. We assumed that maybe the cheaper ones (deck 6 appears to have cheaper suites) are smaller.

Or maybe it's just the location?

Appreciate any info you can give us We are currently looking at cabin SA7051 which is right outside the Neptune lounge so could be noisy also.

Thanks.

Edited by potterp

We are considering a cruise on the Eurodam next March and looking at the Neptune suites. We have never had a suite before on HAL so are hoping someone would know the difference between SA, SB and SC.

Is it just the location or are the cabins actually a different size? The HAL website shows something like 509-560 square feet. We assumed that maybe the cheaper ones (deck 6 appears to have cheaper suites) are smaller.

Appreciate any info you can give us We are currently looking at cabin SA7051 which is right outside the Neptune lounge so could be noisy also.

Thanks.

Neptunes are generally all the same size, twice the size of a Verandah. SA, B, and C is just the location on the ship. The Eurodam Suites have been updated as of late last year to the newer style.

The only thing with 7051 is it's close to the Lounge where there is a lot of activity, might be noises, JMO.

Once you do a Neptune it's tough to go backwards to a Verandah, they are very nice and come with some special perks.

You'll love the Eurodam it's our Fav!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mllewis48

Neptunes are generally all the same size, twice the size of a Verandah. SA, B, and C is just the location on the ship. The Eurodam Suites have been updated as of late last year to the newer style.

The only thing with 7051 is it's close to the Lounge where there is a lot of activity, might be noises, JMO.

Once you do a Neptune it's tough to go backwards to a Verandah, they are very nice and come with some special perks.

You'll love the Eurodam it's our Fav!

Good luck

Thanks for responding so quickly! It's kind of what I suspected about the location being the difference.

The perks listed in the website look like they are limited to what's in the suite. The only perk I saw outside the suite was that you can have breakfast in the grill? We were just on Celebrity Summit and they had where you could have breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Luminae which is a nice, small restaurant. They also had reserved seating on certain nights in the theater. Just an example of some extras that we really enjoyed.

Thanks for responding so quickly! It's kind of what I suspected about the location being the difference.

The perks listed in the website look like they are limited to what's in the suite. The only perk I saw outside the suite was that you can have breakfast in the grill? We were just on Celebrity Summit and they had where you could have breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Luminae which is a nice, small restaurant. They also had reserved seating on certain nights in the theater. Just an example of some extras that we really enjoyed.

YW, I believe there are some special Cocktail invites for Neptune guests, or at least there used to be? Of course the Embarkation and Debarkation perks are nice.

I am usually in a neptune on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge. However last October on the Eurodam, chose an SB on deck 6. It was identical to suites on deck 7 (but costs less). The only difference was the need to walk up the stairs (or take an elevator up a deck) to go to the Neptune Lounge. Also have had a suite near the Neptune Lounge door, and was happy to hear no noise from the area outside the Neptune Lounge. People are awfully quiet in that hallway.

I could be wrong, but we had an aft corner Neptune suite on the Eurodam once and it sure seemed smaller to me than the regular port side or starboard midship Neptune suites.

The aft corner Neptune Suite staterooms are indeed bit smaller but your verandah can hold 30+ friends and fellow passengers. Loungers are also included.

Thanks.

There's not a lot of reason behind the codes as HAL has had different codes on the same Neptune Suites at different points in time. Their pricing varies according to what they've sold. Aft suites may start higher, then mid are more, then back to aft being higher before sailing. The aft-wrap SBs on the aft corners have the biggest and baddest verandas of the Neptune Suites.

There's not a lot of reason behind the codes as HAL has had different codes on the same Neptune Suites at different points in time. Their pricing varies according to what they've sold. Aft suites may start higher, then mid are more, then back to aft being higher before sailing. The aft-wrap SBs on the aft corners have the biggest and baddest verandas of the Neptune Suites.

Thanks everyone for all the good info.:)

Please tell me about the debarkation perks. Do those in a Neptune Suite have the choice to debark prior to those doing SELF ASSIST?

1st poor choice of words, it's actually Disembarkation, sorry.

But as a Neptune guest you can choose when you would like to leave the ship usually starting around 8:15am with the self assist plus I believe your luggage does not have to be out as soon as others, not sure on that one though since its been awhile since we have had a Neptune, plus you have your last shot at the Lounge prior to leaving the ship.

Edited by mllewis48

But as a Neptune guest you can choose when you would like to leave the ship usually starting around 8:15am with the self assist plus I believe your luggage does not have to be out as soon as others, not sure on that one though since its been awhile since we have had a Neptune, plus you have your last shot at the Lounge prior to leaving the ship.

Thanks for the information.

The last couple of cruises we were on our suitcases had to be out the same time as everyone else. It used to be you could opt for before 6:00 am but I have not seen this option for a year or so.

Our experience has been that if you are not self - disembarking (carrying your own luggage) and therefore picking up luggage (you put it outside your door), then you have to wait until after those that are self disembarking. Then you can leave at whatever time suits you whether it be the first call or last.

They used to publish 6:00 a.m. as the latest time for Neptune Suite customers to have their luggage out. Since I didn't see it written anywhere in January, I called at 6:00 and told them the bags were ready. We were in an aft-wrap SB, and they came and got them straight away.

Edited by blizzardboy

Thanks.

Basically all the Neptune cabins are the same size, except for the aft-wrap ones which are a bit smaller it seems. The SA-SB-SC categories changed a couple of years ago, with most of the SCs (the aft-wrap ones basically) moving to SB and some of the previous SBs (mostly on a lower deck) becoming SC. IMO, this was done because HAL figured out that the SC aft-wraps were in demand and they could charge more for them. Also, the further the cabin is from the Neptune Lounge, generally the less preferred it is, so they made these SB (and a lower price).

As to booking a cabin across from the Neptune Lounge - I have been in a couple of these and never had a noise issue. The lounge is almost never noisy and closes around 7-8 PM. I think you will find that most experienced Neptune suite passengers prefer this type of location.

As to leaving the ship on the last day, the Neptune suite passengers can go whenever they want AFTER the self-disembarkation people. They may let you off the ship before this, but very likely your luggage will not be ready for you, so you would just be standing around the luggage area waiting (likely with no place to sit). I am speaking from experience on this!

I have been in 7069 on Eurodam. Most consider that a good location. I can't imagine a "bad" neptune suite. Next time I will book the lowest price guarantee. Unless you have mobility issues any neptune is a great place to be.

I have been in 7069 on Eurodam. Most consider that a good location. I can't imagine a "bad" neptune suite. Next time I will book the lowest price guarantee. Unless you have mobility issues any neptune is a great place to be.

This strategy (booking guarantee) varies by HAL ship IMO. On the smaller (S and R class) ships the Neptunes are all on the same deck and are clustered together, so there is little difference in location, so guarantees work out fairly well (unless getting assigned the one handicapped cabin is a negative to you).

On the larger HAL ships the Neptunes can be on the deck with the Neptune Lounge, one deck below it, next to the outside elevators or can be an aft-wrap on several different decks (4-8). PLUS, you can be assigned a handicapped cabin. Any of these things can be a negative for some people, so please keep this in mind.

I've been directly across from the Lounge and never had a noise problem. The layout of the aft corner suites is a little different, but still quite large - and that wraparound deck is hard to beat. So I think it comes down to personal preference.