No steak & lobster night?

bailey57

Went on an 8 day eastern on the Conquest this past May and they had both on elegant nights. The other nights there was a surcharge for it.

If the cruise is 5 nights or less there is no steak and lobster for free. Maybe that's what you've been hearing. It hasn't affected the cruises 6 nights or more.

Yes...prime rib and lobster on first elegant night. Second elegant night does not ....and never did....have lobster.

For a fee you can order certain entrees from the Steakhouse in the MDR every night.

Yes, they still serve steak and lobster in the MDR.

On a side note, it's 2016. Do people still consider steak and lobster to be "fancy" food? You can buy both at Wal-Mart for cheap.

Lol - not fancy, just a treat - and better than the usual fare. :)

Yes...prime rib and lobster on first elegant night. Second elegant night does not ....and never did....have lobster.

For a fee you can order certain entrees from the Steakhouse in the MDR every night.

Prime rib? It used to be filet, or medallions (mini filet :D ) at least.

Prime rib? It used to be filet, or medallions (mini filet :D ) at least.

I am fairly certain it has been prime rib on the first elegant night for awhile with filet on the 2nd elegant night.

been sailing with them since 97 and the first formal night has always been prime rib and lobster and still is...they continue to tweek the dinner menus and service and my humble opinion is that it has been for the better and not negative:cool:

Yes, they still serve steak and lobster in the MDR.

On a side note, it's 2016. Do people still consider steak and lobster to be "fancy" food? You can buy both at Wal-Mart for cheap.

"Fancy food"? No. Whatever that is. But is it something most people don't cook at home every night? Prime rib and lobster? Probably a treat.

And I would not buy my lobster at Wal-Mart. Just saying. :rolleyes:

However it is on my menu for tomorrow!! The 4th of July!! :p

been sailing with them since 97 and the first formal night has always been prime rib and lobster and still is...they continue to tweek the dinner menus and service and my humble opinion is that it has been for the better and not negative:cool:

I didn't remember prime + lobster from my other cruises with Carnival, but trust you're right. I tend to connect lobster with filet - probably because I'm not a big fan of prime. ;) I did not care much for American Table on my Liberty sailing two years ago. Fact is, I'm not a big foodie; I just like lobster and filet. And a nice red wine. And maybe chocolate lava cake. :D

The lobster is so small now they added shrimp to the dish. But at least you can still order as many tails as you like.

I imagine that and multiple entrees will be the next cutback.

This is nothing new; the lobster is a rock lobster (i.e., 2-4 bites) and has been served with shrimp for many years. On cruises of 5 and fewer days, the entree is the same but with no lobster.

I didn't remember prime + lobster from my other cruises with Carnival, but trust you're right. I tend to connect lobster with filet - probably because I'm not a big fan of prime. ;) I did not care much for American Table on my Liberty sailing two years ago. Fact is, I'm not a big foodie; I just like lobster and filet. And a nice red wine. And maybe chocolate lava cake. :D

They aren't served together but that is the night they are both entrees.

I think they meant to say "short ribs" with the Prime Rib and called it "brisket"......as I don't ever actually recall 'brisket' on a CCL menu??

Could be. There is in fact brisket in both the old and new menu. It's on the first night. DS had it on the Conquest (old menu) and he said it was very dry and didn't like it.

f23d39b9bd65d88935c0dc69b72da570.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

This is nothing new; the lobster is a rock lobster (i.e., 2-4 bites) and has been served with shrimp for many years. On cruises of 5 and fewer days, the entree is the same but with no lobster.

You are getting a lobster tail. Usually Maine lobster which is a lot different from the spiny Caribbean variety. Believe me, I would know the difference. And they can't claim 'Maine' if it isn't so. :p

The lobster is so small now they added shrimp to the dish. But at least you can still order as many tails as you like.

I imagine that and multiple entrees will be the next cutback.

...and I imagine you not bashing Carnival in the future.....wait a minute that is about as non factual as your posts....you are joking right?