Something odd in booking shore excursions?

ABQrobin

This weekend I was checking prices and times for shore excursions for our upcoming cruise. I wrote down prices and sent the information to our son who is going with us, but lives in another state. Then I looked at the same excursions again another day, and saw different prices.... odd.

Here is what I found:

When just logged into Carnival website, going thru "Explore" and "Shore Excursions", I get one price.

When I log in to my booked cruises, going thru "Manage my cruise" and "book exursions", I get a price that is from $5-15 higher!

What is going on? I tried this more than once to see if I was confused. NOPE. I tried it on my tablet, also, got the same results.

So is this Carnival trying up mark up excursions on people who book with them? Should I call them tomorrow and ask what is going on? This just seems fishy....

This weekend I was checking prices and times for shore excursions for our upcoming cruise. I wrote down prices and sent the information to our son who is going with us, but lives in another state. Then I looked at the same excursions again another day, and saw different prices.... odd.

Here is what I found:

When just logged into Carnival website, going thru "Explore" and "Shore Excursions", I get one price.

When I log in to my booked cruises, going thru "Manage my cruise" and "book exursions", I get a price that is from $5-15 higher!

What is going on? I tried this more than once to see if I was confused. NOPE. I tried it on my tablet, also, got the same results.

So is this Carnival trying up mark up excursions on people who book with them? Should I call them tomorrow and ask what is going on? This just seems fishy....

By all means call Carnival if this confuses you.......but maybe if you want help here, what ship, when, and what excursion might be useful info to start a discussion.

By all means call Carnival if this confuses you.......but maybe if you want help here, what ship, when, and what excursion might be useful info to start a discussion.

It is more than one excursion, seems to be all of them are higher once I log in to my account.

I have noticed this also. If you looking closely when viewing the excursions by clicking Explore and Shore Excursions the prices say 'starting at'. When you go through Manage my Cruises you are looking at the actual prices for your cruise, which may be higher than the 'starting at' prices.

It is more than one excursion, seems to be all of them are higher once I log in to my account.

So the Legend in August? I would call Carnival...good luck with getting a reasonable explanation. If the first answer they give you seems inadequate, call again or ask for a supervisor.

It could very well be the prices for your particular cruise are more expensive. I have encountered this when comparing prices for excursions for a peak time verses a low time. My Thanksgiving cruise is $1059pp and the following week the same stateroom is $679 pp.

I have noticed this also. If you looking closely when viewing the excursions by clicking Explore and Shore Excursions the prices say 'starting at'. When you go through Manage my Cruises you are looking at the actual prices for your cruise, which may be higher than the 'starting at' prices.

Thank you. That sounds like a reasonable explanation. I was looking at an excursion for our Elation cruise and I though when I went back that the price was $2.00 more but thought that maybe I was mistaken or the price had just gone up.

Thank you. That sounds like a reasonable explanation. I was looking at an excursion for our Elation cruise and I though when I went back that the price was $2.00 more but thought that maybe I was mistaken or the price had just gone up.

The prices do actually go up as well....I pre-purchased some excursions a month ago for our Vista Europe cruise.....Today some of them are $3-$5 more per person.

This. You have to be logged in to see actual prices, which the same excursion may vary depending on the time of year and the ship, etc. which it is offered. Hence the "starting from" wording when searching in general. Once logged in, that's the actual price.