Just off Harmony - They lost our luggage - Beware!!

Not sure if she is still at it, but a WN FA had a side business making luggage straps with pretty much any saying you wanted in them. I thought about ordering a pair that said, "Caution--BIOHAZARD. Contains LIVE Ebola Samples."

Where did u get them? I'd like to order same kind for upcoming Barcelona cruise...thx

Mark

Give me a day or two and ill post the website. Im getting ready for cataract surgery in a couple of weeks and running around getting clearance from family doctor, ekg etc.

After numerous phone calls and emails they "believe" they have found our luggage at the terminal in Barcelona. It still has all the tags on it and no other passenger picked it up by mistake. They are not telling me where it was found - but at this point I really don't care. Because it is a port out of the US and the bag is essentially traveling without an owner, they require us to list every individual item and cost of each item in the piece of luggage for customs. I pity the person whose job it is to match her list of over 100 things with the contents of her bag of 14 days of dirty clothing that has been sitting in some warehouse for 5 days. I can only hope we receive it within a months time and everything is there.

There is no way that I could do that! :eek: When we pack to go home, we throw anything, everywhere we can find a spot.

In fact, I could not even tell what was in my bag when leaving for a cruise.:rolleyes: Especially not every single item and the cost. That's ridiculous!

Give me a day or two and ill post the website. Im getting ready for cataract surgery in a couple of weeks and running around getting clearance from family doctor, ekg etc.

Thx Rosemarie...hope ur surgery goes well.

Mark

Just off the Harmony sailing june 26, 2016 and will post a detailed review soon. We were in a Royal Family suite and put our luggage out the night before departure as we have done for all of our past 6 RCCL cruises. When we got to the luggage reclaim at 7:20am a piece of our luggage was missing. All 4 pieces were left out at the same time, all had personal luggage tags as well as royal's pinnacle suite tag with our name, address, number and email. No one at the terminal was interested in helping us locate the missing piece. We searched the one terminal by ourselves but did not have time due to an early flight to search the other terminal. Trying to file a claim with them is very frustrating. Never let RCCL handle any luggage especially if the port is in a foreign country. I suspect we will never see that piece of luggage again due to their negligence.

It happens, someone probably took it by mistake.

After numerous phone calls and emails they "believe" they have found our luggage at the terminal in Barcelona. It still has all the tags on it and no other passenger picked it up by mistake. They are not telling me where it was found - but at this point I really don't care. Because it is a port out of the US and the bag is essentially traveling without an owner, they require us to list every individual item and cost of each item in the piece of luggage for customs. I pity the person whose job it is to match her list of over 100 things with the contents of her bag of 14 days of dirty clothing that has been sitting in some warehouse for 5 days. I can only hope we receive it within a months time and everything is there.

So glad you found your luggage. Though your teenager might have enjoyed a whole new wardrobe!

I had the same experience at the port in Barcelona after an RCCL Transatlantic. After searching for an hour, I had to give up and get the cruiseline transfer bus to the airport. I did fill out the form at the port. Later had to list the contents of the bag. Had travel insurance.

It took about 6 weeks to eventually get the bag back with no explanation of where it had been. However, I had 4 cartons of cigarettes in it and they were confiscated because they "can't ship tobacco products internationally". Nothing else missing. The bag was in bad shape (handle broken, cloth scuffed and torn) but the insurance wouldn't cover anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Exact same thing happened to us last may when we disembarked the Quantum in Barcelona. they lost both my husband and my bag. We stayed in the cruise terminal for several hours hoping it would be found and then we had to go to airport for our continuing trip. I had to go to Venice Italy with nothing but what was on our back and a little carry on with what I had slept in the night before and my make up (at least I had my makeup). I had wanted to go to Venice my entire life but never imagined it without clothes. We made the best of it and stayed in touch with RCCI. They found our bags and wanted to send to us but we were continuing to travel to other countries and were not going to be in one location long enough for them to arrive. We had them shipped home and it took one month. we insisted on some kind of reimbursement and didn't accept the first offer. It wasn't great but we did get on board credits that we will be using on the Harmony crossing in October. They found our bags sitting on the ship, never having been taken off. They actually found them one hour after our flight left departing Barcelona. We demanded that they search the ship before we left knowing they had to be there unless someone else took them. They said they did, but obviously did not. The Barcelona cruise terminal and the local RCCI ppl were absolutely no help that day.

Edited by Atl4152