Train from Anchorage to Seward

LynnRuns

We are a fmaily of 4 and booked in Adventure Class. Should we consider upgrading to Goldstar? Is the view really that much better and worth the additional cost for all 4 of us?

If we do not upgrade to Goldstar, does anyone have pointers/recommendations for the trip? Not sure if there are assigned seats, but if there are not where should we try to sit?

Thank you!

Lynn

We are a fmaily of 4 and booked in Adventure Class. Should we consider upgrading to Goldstar? Is the view really that much better and worth the additional cost for all 4 of us?

If we do not upgrade to Goldstar, does anyone have pointers/recommendations for the trip? Not sure if there are assigned seats, but if there are not where should we try to sit?

Thank you!

Lynn

We just returned from Alaska on July 1st. We did the train and had the Adventure class. Yes seats were assigned. Loved the trip. On the adventure class the is a dome area that you can go to. They advise you not to stay too long in that areas so other folks get a chance to use it too. Of course there are folks who don't abide by that advice and thick it is just for them. Happened on our trip.

Enjoy the trip.

We are doing Goldstar class again, and actually doing round trip, but it is indeed pricey.

I don't think I would do it if I had to pay for four people versus just the two of us.

You will enjoy the trip, no matter what you decide. :)

Edited by island lady

I always book Adventure Class, and have a perfectly wonderful trip. My views are superb. From Anchorage, the first scenery is on the right side, after Portage, the scenery is on the left. I utilize the dome car for the "side" I'm not on, and switch off every 20 minutes, per the rule. Most often, there are NOT people waiting, just keep an eye out and be fair. Alternatively, I like the vestibules which I also utilize. I have no problem getting my "views" and actually just from your seats- it's excellent. So, if you want a cheaper transit, don't hesitate to stay with the Adventure Class.