Gratuities and Port Taxes for a "No Show"

My partner may not be able to join me on an upcoming cruise. We have already paid his port charges and fees - but not his gratuities. If he does not show up will I be charged both these? Or do they only charge the port taxes and fees and gratuities for the actual people onboard? If not, will the pre-paid fees and taxes be refunded?

Cancelling the booking and rebooking is not an option as the price difference between the time we booked and now is substantial AND we won't know for a number of weeks if he cannot travel.

And you will probably be recharged as a single cruiser for the cabin at the going rate.

Based on MY experience of this exact scenario more than once, I can say, (in my experience) this is NOT a true statement.

You are already paying 200% pricing, all staterooms are based on a minimum of double occupancy. (with the exception of the new studio rooms on some ships).

I just did this exact thing on the enchantment a few weeks ago. It was NO BIG DEAL they simply refunded my taxes and grats and that was it.

Now.... If you were holding a room that required a minimum number of guests to book such as a royal suite, and then cancelled a couple people off of it. People have talked about actually losing that room because you know longer meet the minimums (although I have not personally had this experience)

But... As it relates to you exact post. I have done this more than once, as recently as 1 month ago, and had zero issues.