The bad and the ugly

onthegogirl

That would probably work if one actually received such a response. Only once have I received a confirmation email out of five or six requests to HAL. And yes, I've requested the confirmation every time I requested the credit.

I send the same wording to both HAL and Cunard when I request the shareholder's OBC. I ask for a confirming email and supply my address. HAL always sends the confirming email. Cunard never does.

HAL always gives me the OBC. Cunard runs about 50%. But I always travel with copies of what I sent them and then they do credit our account. If OP didn't bring copies of correspondence, perhaps she can access her stock account online and show proof of ownership that way?

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Checked my bill and the CCL shareholders OBC was missing. The company insists that it is included in my Travel Agents Invoice. Since she has no way of knowing what my stock holdings are and I had contacted CCL directly this is obviously wrong. We're not talking chump change here.]

Perhaps this is the cause of your problem. :confused:

1.When you book through a TA the TA agent should have submitted the request for your shareholders OBC along with your proof of ownership.

2.If you did not notify the TA that you were a shareholder you can send a copy of your proof of stock ownership direct to HAL Mariners society and they will see to it that the OBC is added; however the acknowlegement will go direct to the TA as the TA controls everything about your booking. ( I know because I had to do this once as there was insufficent time for my TA who was on a cruise to recieve my proof and forward to HAL before we sailed).

3.I am confused as to why you would contact CCC instead of HAL when you were taking a HAL cruise. HAL can not give you credit for something they know nothing about.

Checked my bill and the CCL shareholders OBC was missing. The company insists that it is included in my Travel Agents Invoice. Since she has no way of knowing what my stock holdings are and I had contacted CCL directly this is obviously wrong. We're not talking chump change here.]

1.When you book through a TA the TA agent should have submitted the request for your shareholders OBC along with your proof of ownership.

2.If you did not notify the TA that you were a shareholder you can send a copy of your proof of stock ownership direct to HAL Mariners society and they will see to it that the OBC is added; however the acknowlegement will go direct to the TA as the TA controls everything about your booking. ( I know because I had to do this once as there was insufficent time for my TA who was on a cruise to recieve my proof and forward to HAL before we sailed).

3.I am confused as to why you would contact CCC instead of HAL when you were taking a HAL cruise. HAL can not give you credit for something they know nothing about.

Your item 2 is not correct. I book through a TA and send the stock info directly to HAL. In a few days, the email confirmation arrives in my inbox. I know that HAL will not talk to passengers who book through a TA, but they seem to process the stock credit without going through my TA.

Your item 2 is not correct. I book through a TA and send the stock info directly to HAL. In a few days, the email confirmation arrives in my inbox. I know that HAL will not talk to passengers who book through a TA, but they seem to process the stock credit without going through my TA.

yup, same thing here. They do send the obc notice to my TA, but I send the fax and they email me back. I take that on board with me.

I see no reason to put my TA to the work of doing that.

Perhaps that has changed. I know when I applied direct to Mariners society they E-Mailed the confirmation to TA, not to me. This was about 4 years ago.

Not so.. You do not have to go through your Travel Agent..I always FAX the copy of our account & the request for the OBC directly to HAL World Cruise Reservations & get an e-mail confirmation directly from HAL..My Travel Agent is not involved..

Likewise! Have never had a problem going directly through HAL...Have been doing this since 2009 when we purchased the stock..I always take a copy of the HAL's confirmation for the OBC with me..

Edited by serendipity1499

Perhaps that has changed. I know when I applied direct to Mariners society they E-Mailed the confirmation to TA, not to me. This was about 4 years ago.

No where does it state to go through Mariners Society..

Carnivals Instructions specifically state to FAX the info to HAL's World Cruise Reservations.. We have been following these rules since 2009 & never get our Travel Agent involved & never had a problem.. We receive an immediate confirmation from World Cruise Reservations & take that copy with us..

Quote function is becoming strange!

Serendipity said:

No where does it state to go through Mariners Society..

Carnivals Instructions specifically state to FAX the info to HAL's World Cruise Reservations.. We have been following these rules since 2009 & never get our Travel Agent involved & never had a problem.. We receive an immediate confirmation from World Cruise Reservations & take that copy with us.

That's right. We don't have a fax, so we use the snailmail option and that works fine, too. All the Carnival companies have essentially the same instructions. They provide a fax and physical address at the company. No mention of any loyalty program.

onthegogirl hasn't reported anything more.

Hope this is a good sign that things have improved and they are enjoying their cruise.

I hope that "on the go girl" has not been intimidated by all of the responses she has received. To some, the problems might be minor. To others, not so minor. And it is all a learning process when in a totally different type of suite.

I for one hope she comes back with more info on her cruise.... and she does not get jumped on for reporting anything that might be negative. :D

onthegogirl hasn't reported anything more.

Hope this is a good sign that things have improved and they are enjoying their cruise.

She seemed fine when I saw her on board. I think we can stop worrying about her :)

I was on the 6/6 sailing in a relatively cheapie OV cabin with functional AC/toilet/shower. Our meet and greet was in Crow's Nest during trivia, so I never actually met any of our m&g people (but did become cruise buddies with a couple that was there for the trivia). Oh well. Was everything perfect? Nope, but my biggest disappointment was that I missed all of the confirmed sightings of orcas near the ship. But I was in freaking ALASKA enjoying pretty much perfect weather, breathing in that wonderful sea air, and seeing lots of whales and glaciers and whatnot. I had a blast and would love to be back on that dam ship right now (alas, still not adjusting well to real life post-cruise). Most of OP's complaints are IMO minor and can be addressed immediately as others have mentioned. It's a pretty sweet itinerary, so I hope OP can take everything in stride, relax, and enjoy the rest of their cruise. :)

Save

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

We were on a Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Ft L. The baggage transfer to the ship from the hotel got messed up. My bag took a Western Caribbean cruise. Thankfully, it was my bag and not my wife's bag. That would have been very bad. HAL did an outstanding job of making it right. My bag was returned home with some still new clothes.